Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLeave in conditioners?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ashleey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leave in conditioners?
    Posted: February 14 2000 at 5:31pm
When you use a leave in conditioner do you use it underneath hair products such as mousse or gel or over them?? I cant figure it out! Another question. What leave in does the best job? I had a perm about a month ago and WOW is it curly!!

soka View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2000 at 8:57pm
Let's see, my hair's straight but wavy around the hairline, hip length, and I prefer to use a creamy leave-in right after I've washed/conditioned, and towel blotted my hair. My favorite is Kiehl's leave in with coconut and panthenol. I massage a dab of it into my wet hair before I comb through and let air dry. It's lubricating yet doesn't leave a residue when it dries. (1-800-kiehls-1 for a catalog and samples if you can't find it locally.) I also liked ABBA's nourishing. I hear raves for Bumble & Bumble's too, which I think will be my next purchase.

I'm guessing it would make more sense to use the leave-in before the styling products, but you just gotta discover what works best for your head.

Ashleey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2000 at 5:03am
Thanks Soka!

I will have to try Kiehls and maybe Bumble & Bumble! Maybe ABBA is not agreeing with me. My hair has been feeling like straw after a week of using it!

Ashleey
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2000 at 7:26am
Hi,

Aveda Elixir is a good leave in as well.

Also, the Artec Kiwi spray-in detangler/conditioner is nice. It doesn't weigh your hair down.

Regards,
Clare
Clare
dodo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2000 at 9:13am
Can you please tell me your opinion about this product.I'm planning to use it as a leave in conditioner before using my aveda styling gel.Oh yes and what does it smell like and does it contain silicone?I would really like to know.Thanks!
buckaroo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2000 at 12:10pm
Hi...

I've been using the Elixir for about 2 weeks....I like it... It's thick...and a bit sticky, so I usually just use that on damp hair (don't use too much of it either...you'll look like you dunked your head in a bucket o' grease)...then blow dry it...and then i use the teeniest amount of gel on dry hair to get the hold I need. As for the smell....well, honestly - it smells like ass. It's not gonna make you gag or anything, but I think they could have done a better job in the scent department.

But that's just my $0.02 worth....

-buckaroo
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2000 at 1:53pm
I am not sure if Elixir had silicones, if it does, probably only a small amount. I have been experimenting with Abba Nourishing Leave-in. I think I like Aveda better. It just seems to protect my hair better. I also use Artec Kiwi detangler/leave in-but use that more for just a detangler.

I do like the smell of Artec products better than some of the Aveda products. I do not, however; think Elixir smells like "ass", but I would not use something that I thought smelled like that on my hair.

Just my opinion.

Regards,
Clare
Clare
Gail Hudson View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gail Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2000 at 4:21am
Joico's Intergrity is an excellent leave-in conditioner. You'll see results quickly if used properly. It will keep your culy mane from splitz ends. To apply Intergrity comes in a spray form, after shampooing and conditioner apply Intergrity, Use your regular styling products and style as normal. I hope this helps...
Gail Hudson
Ashleey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2000 at 11:40pm
Thanks Gail! I saw Integrity the other day at the a beauty salon and I was tempted to buy it! I am going to have to give it a try.

Ashleey

Tanna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2000 at 11:42am
Hi there! I always apply the leave in before anything else; otherwise it wouldn't penetrate nearly as effectively (imho). My latest combination for a leave in has been Aubrey swimmer's conditioner (smells sooo lovely) mixed 50/50 with distilled water and a couple drops of jojoba oil; mixed in my palms and combed thru the length (never need it around the scalp) while it's still damp (it's a little below mid back right now). After my hair dries I brush with a boar bristle brush and wow-the shine! It really helps to keep my hair healthy looking when worn down (it's basically straight).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic