Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSHADES EQ QUESTION - PLEASE HELP ASAP!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
maggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SHADES EQ QUESTION - PLEASE HELP ASAP!!
    Posted: February 16 2000 at 12:55pm

I have a question on Shades. I have had it done several times to tone down the brassiness in my hair (I am a light brown, dark blonde with highlights), and I HATE ALL WARM COLORS in my hair (orange, red, yellow) and in the past they have applied Cafe Au Lait (for the ash) mixed with Platinum Ice (to brighten highlights) and Clear. However, last time I went they decided that Cafe Au Lait ADDED RED instead of taking it away, so they tried Irish Creme instead. To me it looked the same as before they applied anything, but they think it did something. I was told by ANOTHER person that Irish Creme has warm colors in it. Now I am needing some done again but I want to be sure I get the right shade!! Since I have used the Cafe Au Lait shampoo, it says on that bottle it is used to achieve ash color results. I am confused and don't know who to believe!!! Please respond back ASAP with any help if possible!! Thank you!!
elle0569 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elle0569 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2000 at 6:24pm
Maggie
what are you using to highlight your hair that you need to use a toner?? If you are a lt. brown/dk.blonde to begin with....I just wonder why you need a toner applied....
Have you ever used A lightening system by Matrix called Color Graphics? This automatically deposits a tone into the hair shaft AS it is lightening your hair....and 9 out of 10 times does NOT need a toner...it is also very gentle on the hair...I have worked with Shades EQ for years...and I would definately suggest you stay with the Cafe au Lait ...Irish Creme is more beige-y -and has a little warmth...I hate to tell you this, but is it possible that your stylist was OUT of Cafe Au Lait that day...and didnt want to tell you? I hate to say it , but I've seen plenty of stylists BS there way through situations like that! Good luck!
Mancala_70 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mancala_70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2000 at 6:01am
I haven't had much to do with EQ shades, but by the sound of the names Cafe Au Lait and Irish cream, they sound like they are warm colours which will contain red or orange of some sort. Ask them to use the Platium Ice on is own. Also if they are not taking your highlights light enought, you are going to have trouble covering up or toning the the red and orange colors
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic