Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow bad really ....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
splash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How bad really ....
    Posted: February 22 2000 at 10:37am
... is highlights going to dry out my hair? My hair's health is ok to slightly dry. Only slightly. How bad will highlights dry my hair out? Will my ends crack right off?
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2000 at 1:02pm
Highlights may or may not dry out your hair. I would suspect that you will notice some drying but depending on how well your stylist does the highlights the change may be minimal.

If you are concerned with the possibility of dryness, ask your stylist to do minimal highlights first and see the effect it has on your hair. If it is not too drying than go for the full effect next time.

I have my hair highlighted about 4x a year through a cap. While it does make my naturally hair a tiny bit drier, it is not drastic.

I have fantastic results with ARTec Moisture Pak conditioner which I use about 1x a week. It costs $2.95 retail and one pack covers my below the waist hair quite nicely. I leave it on about 5-7 minutes in the shower and it leaves my hair soft and shiny.

Also, I use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner such as ARTec Smoothing shampoo and conditioner to help contain any dryness. Also, Aveda Shampure is great and I have good luck with Phytologie products.

Highlighting doesn't have to damage your hair if it is done correctly.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic