Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPartial Perms?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Neetz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Partial Perms?
    Posted: February 22 2000 at 10:55am
I usually get a perm every 12-14 months (med-long hair), and I just got one again 1st part of January. My question is, instead of a complete perm each time, is it possible just to perm the new growth? I think it would be better on my hair if the old growth wasn't re-permed all the time.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2000 at 11:54am
Actually having a partial perm would be great because it would defintely help save your hair. There is a possible problem though. Most perms tends to relax over time until most of the curl is gone. If you do only the roots of your hair which is the new growth you may have very curly hair from the roots to the first few inches but the bottom part of your hair may not retain the curl from the previous perm.

You may want to talk to your stylist about this since if your hair does relax over time perming only the new growth will only give you 1/2 of a perm.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Neetz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2000 at 10:05pm
Thanks, Karen for the reply. One more question: When I am ready for another perm, is there any special conditioning I should do on the old growth first to help protect it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic