Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedA Good Semiperm color?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Good Semiperm color?
    Posted: February 24 2000 at 1:35pm
Can anyone suggest one that is good and really washes out after so many shampoos?

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2000 at 1:56pm
I have had lots of good reports about L'Oreal Castings. It contains no ammonia and is supposed to wash out after 20-28 shampoos. It is not permanent.

It is important to remember that if you hair is extremely porous or damaged that any semi permanent color that is a lot darker than your natural color may not ever permanent wash out. When in doubt, call the color hot line for the product you buy.

The color experts are there to help you.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2000 at 9:43am

Bunny,

If you're buying it off the shelf, I'd recommend Clairol Natural Instincts. "In-Style" magazine just rated it the best semi-permanent color, and I've had good luck with it. It definitely washes out if you stay close to your own hair color. (Black on red would probably not wash out gracefully, of course.)

If you take the salon route, look for Redken Shades EQ.

Ally
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic