Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How do I make my hair thicker,or look and feel thicker?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow do I make my hair thicker,or look and feel thicker?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Superstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I make my hair thicker,or look and feel thicker?
    Posted: February 29 2000 at 3:09am
Im tryin to grow my hair long,I have a undercut but its not shaved in fact its growing in but my hair is not one lenght cuz of it..ive been told thats why my hair seems thinner..is there a way to make my hair thicker..or at least make it look thicker? Should I blow dry it? would that help? Ay help is very appreciated
Shannon
JES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2000 at 10:37am
I think I am following how your hair looks. One of the easiest way to make your hair look thicker is to cut it. I am not sure you are at that spot but as soon as you can try to go to a one length look. Even a little bit that cleans up the edges will help. Have you tried some of the thickening shampoos, conditioners? (be careful not to overdue it since this will weigh it down) Yes blow drying can help. Try to blow dry it under using a round brush.
Spring View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2000 at 10:59am
Have you read the article on this website that addresses how to have thicker hair?

If you haven't, here is the URL: http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip109.htm

I haven't tried the products mentioned in the article yet, but have had success using Alterna Hemp Seed Thickening Compound. It's rather pricey, but I think it's a great product. I'm definitely going to check out the Styling Infusion Thickening Creme from Graham Webb that's mentioned in the article.

Good luck.
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2000 at 9:29am
Superstar--

Your haircut can make a big difference in how thick your hair looks and even feels. Generally to make hair look its thickest, you want a blunt cut. No interior layers or undercutting, which take away from the bulk at the perimeter.

You might try a shampoo and conditioner from the Fuller, Thicker hair line. I love them. Also, there are a lot of leave-in products that thicken hair.

I put my hair up in a bun while it's damp and then unwind it. This also gives the illusion of thicker hair.

Are you still experiencing mysterious hair loss?

Ally
Superstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2000 at 3:35pm
Hi Ally,
Well right now the cut I have is parted in the middle,and it comes to about my eyes..top of ears...but I have a natural wave so instead of going like poker straight the ends kinda wave forward and like flip up at the top of my ears...I have a undercut,but it's not shaved as a matter of fact I havent cut my hair since like Dec.23rd I beleive it was. I'm trying to grow it long,and I'm thinkin that maybe since I have the undercut that's why my hair seems thinnner..I want it all to be one length,but I don't wanna cut off the length that I have now to make it lone lenght cuz like I said this is the longest that I've ever gone wihtout a haircut. My undercut is gettting long,like if i lift up my hair and like pull down on the hair of my undercut it reaches the top of my ears so it's grown alot..but I dont know what to do to make it one length.
About the hair loss,I keep losing single strands each day everyone tells me that's normal and I shouldn't worry aoubt it so I'm trying not to..
Am I right in the undercut possibly being the cause of my hair feeling thin?
You said to try thickening stuff.but I used a heat activated straightner like last aug to try to eliminate that wave i was telling u about..i got hooked and used it everyday for like 3 weeks ..I quit using it but ever since its seemed thinner..so Im so paraonid and afarid to try and use anyting on my hair cuz of that.
I also have like a bunch of shorter pieces of hair like stick out..espically along my part they stick straight up and on my hair too..they are not as long as the rest of my hiar so they like stick out..Im kidna worried bout that..
My grandma told me I ruined my hair wiht the straightner and it'll prolly take up to a year to fix itself well it's been 7 mts so far and I havenet seen much of a improvemnet..i hope i havnet dont permanent damage to it...thats the reason Im so worired buot the loss of my hair..
Shannon
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2000 at 8:12am
Superstar,

I went through this hair loss thing in high school. It's a vicious cycle. You notice hair loss, so you start obsessing and stressing, which causes you to lose more hair. Every morning I would go to the library and try to look up medical causes for the condition. I would constantly run my hand through my hair to see how many strands I was losing. I started driving my friends nuts, because they didn't think I was actually losing my hair.

Don't do this. You have to take your mind off it. Put your hair back if necessary and ignore it during the day.

If you've undercut your hair, it will feel thinner toward the bottom, because it IS thinner. It's the same as if you layered it. You don't have as much hair down there.

Also, as your hair gets longer, your hair loss will SEEM significantly greater. This is because the hairs are longer, and one or two coiled up in your palm looks like a handful. The hairs are now too long to float away or "disappear." They will collect on your shirt collar and in the bathtub drain. Stop worrying about it.

Brushing, washing, and styling your hair should not contribute to hair loss, unless you are being /really/ rough and breaking the hair. Wash your hair with a thickening product, use a leave-in conditioner, comb it, and either tuck it behind your ears or stick it in a ponytail. Ignore it until it grows more. Keep trimming the bottom perimeter a little at a time, and tell your stylist that you are trying to get it all one length again.

Ally

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic