Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedColoring Long hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ripply View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripply Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coloring Long hair
    Posted: February 29 2000 at 5:43pm
Hi-I need some help on how to color my long hair. I need to know what is a good home hair color and the sort of tools people with long hair use to color. How to part, where to start generally the whole ball of wax. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks Cindi :)
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2000 at 12:03am
I am not a hair stylist, but I do know that coloring can be a tricky business. I personally feel that the skill level of the person doing the chemical treatment is as much or even more important that the product itself. If you had hair that is fairly short, it wouldn't be such a major deal if something went wrong. Growing it out wouldn't take so long. But with long hair, oh boy, I'd really hate to see a disaster. There's a chance everything would go well and you would be pleased. But I really think there's a greater chance that you may not be pleased.

I know that going to a salon can be expensive! But you could save up here and there and when you have enough, splurge and go to a salon.

If you do it at home, though, I'd research everything carefully! I think boxes of color that are sold in drugstores usually have phone numbers on them where you can call trained professionals who may be able to help you.

Good luck!

Jennifer
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2000 at 9:31am
Cindi,

What are you trying to do? Cover grey? Change your color in a drastic way?

Ally
ripply View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripply Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2000 at 11:29am
I am trying to cover up grey (stubborn) hairs and have an even look. I am currently using L'Oreal Preference. I have noticed that the areas on the sides of my head don't seem to want to totally cover the grey and the color is slightly lighter than the rest of the hair so when I put it up, (barrettes) you can tell. I want to use good color products so I don't damage my hair. I just wanted to know if there are other long hairs out there that color their own hair and what techniques and color products work great for them.
Cindi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic