Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - does anyone understand english in the beautician's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

does anyone understand english in the beautician's "world"????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: does anyone understand english in the beautician's "world"????
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 6:54pm
I am never getting my hair cut again. I used to have straight Healthy natural blonde long hair until I got a Real bad perm last March. That's when my nitemare began. Since then I have been getting it cut, shorter, and shorter, and shorter to try to get this bad perm out of my hair. It's still in and it's almost a year. Now I have bangs, it's layered and it's totally horrible and I cannot do a thing with it. I hate it.If any beauticians are reading, please take a course on English language.... because I truly believe that none of you understand.Will wear a baseball cap now until it grows down to my ankles before I go back to a salon.Sincerely,Carol
Bruce View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 6:54pm
Yikes! Yet another perm horror story. Alas!You have my sympathy, Carol. Personally, I try to dissuade _anyone_ from getting perms.But in what way does the English language (or lack of mastery over it) play into your nightmare?Perhaps "starting over" (a pixie cut or shorter?) will obliterate all traces of said perm. But, again, I'm sorry for you loss.Best wishes!--Bruce
Katherine McAtee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine McAtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 6:54pm
> I am never getting my hair cut again. I used to have> straight Healthy natural blonde long hair until I got> a Real bad perm last March. That's when my nitemare> began. Since then I have been getting it cut, shorter,> and shorter, and shorter to try to get this bad perm> out of my hair. It's still in and it's almost a year.> Now I have bangs, it's layered and it's totally> horrible and I cannot do a thing with it. I hate it.> If any beauticians are reading, please take a course> on English language.... because I truly believe that> none of you understand.> Will wear a baseball cap now until it grows down to my> ankles before I go back to a salon.> Sincerely,> Carol
Katherine McAtee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine McAtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 6:54pm
So sorry you had a bad experience in a salon with your perm and following haircuts. Unfortunately, the beauty industry is largely staffed with under-educated personnel. It takes less that a year in most states to get a cosmetology license. Most people don't receive any advanced education - an absolute must if one is going to be successful and not make a mess of most of one's clients. Next time you need a haircut, which you will need at some point so you don't go totally insane during the grow-out, seek out a salon that REQUIRES advanced education. And not just a few classes every year.I have been a hairdresser for 9 years, and I update my skills continually. It makes me mad that there are so many "butchers" out there making folks like you feel bad.Good luck, and remember, you also get what you pay for.
linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 6:54pm
> I am never getting my hair cut again. I used to have> straight Healthy natural blonde long hair until I got> a Real bad perm last March. That's when my nitemare> began. Since then I have been getting it cut, shorter,> and shorter, and shorter to try to get this bad perm> out of my hair. It's still in and it's almost a year.> Now I have bangs, it's layered and it's totally> horrible and I cannot do a thing with it. I hate it.> If any beauticians are reading, please take a course> on English language.... because I truly believe that> none of you understand.> Will wear a baseball cap now until it grows down to my> ankles before I go back to a salon.> Sincerely,> CarolSometime's Carol you get what you pay for..and in some instances you just get ripped off. Personally if it was my hair,and i loved it that much,I would have never just trusted anybody ..Sorry to here that your perm experience was so scary....
Irene Baker View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irene Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 6:55pm
> I am never getting my hair cut again. I used to have> straight Healthy natural blonde long hair until I got> a Real bad perm last March. That's when my nitemare> began. Since then I have been getting it cut, shorter,> and shorter, and shorter to try to get this bad perm> out of my hair. It's still in and it's almost a year.> Now I have bangs, it's layered and it's totally> horrible and I cannot do a thing with it. I hate it.> If any beauticians are reading, please take a course> on English language.... because I truly believe that> none of you understand.> Will wear a baseball cap now until it grows down to my> ankles before I go back to a salon.> Sincerely,> Carol
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 6:55pm
> I am never getting my hair cut again. I used to have> straight Healthy natural blonde long hair until I got> a Real bad perm last March. That's when my nitemare> began. Since then I have been getting it cut, shorter,> and shorter, and shorter to try to get this bad perm> out of my hair. It's still in and it's almost a year.> Now I have bangs, it's layered and it's totally> horrible and I cannot do a thing with it. I hate it.> If any beauticians are reading, please take a course> on English language.... because I truly believe that> none of you understand.> Will wear a baseball cap now until it grows down to my> ankles before I go back to a salon.> Sincerely,> CarolTo Carol and All;I am sorry that you had a bad perm/haircut experience. I do long hair all the time and in 13 years I have had only 2 perm failures and they were not 'catastrophic', only weak curls. I can understand that you are very upset and are certainly missing your long locks, and nothing me or anyone else can say will change that. However, usually there is more to the story. I am certainly not blaming you or the stylist but I would like to get a more detailed description of your perm experience, so that we may be able to discover what went wrong and why, and share the real reasons with the readers so that it will not only help you in the future, but others as well. Please share all the details and give a very detailed description of your hair before and after and what you asked for and what the stylist promised you. I will try to talk english and listen also. william
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic