Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hey Karen!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Karen!
    Posted: December 25 2002 at 8:15am
Hi Karen-
GREAT job on cleaning the site up and getting things back together after that malicious and horribly offensive attack yesterday. :) :) :)
I was really upset when I got here and found everything trashed and all of those hideous things written here. All the best of luck tracking down those fiends and nailing them- hope they end up in jail or something!

Have a wonderful and magical holiday and thanx for keeping up the great work. We appreciate it! :)

Tons of love and blessings,

Ingrid16
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2002 at 10:11am
I second that!
Happy holidays everybody!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2002 at 10:52am
Hi Ingrid & Isla Q,

Thank you for your kind words & your support. The goal of the hackers was to completely take down and destroy the HB Messageboards and the message threads that so many people posted to. The hack not only was designed to hurt HB but the many hundreds of people who visit here everyday. If everyone understands that and ignores it as much as possible and keeps right on posting, the hackers have in essence done nothing to all of us who enjoy visiting and posting here.

Jeff and I have received tremendous support in this attack and I want to thank everyone for their patience, kindness and support. Although dealing with the hacking was a time consuming challenge, the good news is that we discovered just how many friends we have here at HB.com and it was very touching. The outpouring of emails and posts here and on other hair related boards was overwhelming.

We also had a trace going during the ongoing attacks and have identified detailed hacker and host ISP information. We have already talked to legal authorities and will be pursing these attacks to the fullest level since a lot of our data was intentially destroyed and the attacks happened in such a way that we know it was malicious and targeted specifically to the HB boards.

Best wishes & Merry Christmas to you both.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Carol Anne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2002 at 10:57am
Hi Karen,

I have been lurking at HairBoutique for some time but I want to come out for a second to tell you that I really appreciate all the hard work of you and Jeff. I used to be a webmaster and I know firsthand the expense and total time commitment it takes to run a site the size of HairBoutique.com.

Thank you for that and Merry Christmas.
Carol
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2002 at 1:49pm
Hi Karen and Jeff,

I too want to throw in a couple words of support--you have done a noble job restoring the site`s normalcy, especially during this special time of year. It is truly a shame that the immaturity of a few can attempt to bring down hundreds of visitors--but notice I said *attempt*--the perpetrators have obviously failed and we are still here, loyal and still standing.

Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication. Have a wonderful day and I hope you are able to spend it with your families!

--Lyris
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2002 at 3:19pm
I`m so glad to see the boards back up and normalacy restored, Karen & Jeff! You did a great job yesterday - and we do appreciate that and everything else you do for HB.com.
:o)

So, how `bout we post MORE than usual to show our appreciation, folks?

Chris

Karen M. Shelton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen M. Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2002 at 8:39pm
Thank you Chris. As always your kindness & support are very much appreciated.

Happy Holidays to you.

Karen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic