Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To everyone at HB: Please be careful

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To everyone at HB: Please be careful
    Posted: June 30 2003 at 9:16am
This is to my friends at HB and to anyone just stopping by.

Last night I was driving on Interstate 94 in Michigan. On the south side of the road near exit 147 I saw a plain white cross with the single word "Daddy" printed across it.

Many of you in the U.S. will be traveling by car this weekend for the holiday. The traffic will be heavy so please be aware of the road at all times--no matter where you are, in the states or abroad. In a fraction of a second--a glance down at the radio, a jerk of the wheel while reaching for a snack--everything can change. Please be careful--we need you!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 2:50pm
OMG, that's absolutely heartbreaking. Really gets you thinking, doesn't it.

Yes, let's all be careful, not just in vacation times, but all the time.
Kintaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 3:22pm
Isn't Daddy God ?

Regardless if an actual death occured or not, it's a religious ploy, and ytou should be taking as much care as you have before when driving which is absolute undivided attention to the road and its surroundings. Not the death tourist traps. Sorry, but they're just so repulsive.
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 3:36pm
My reading of the situation is that someone indeed died there. I say this having travelled the famously perilous 94 dozens of times and seen crosses, wreathes, signs, placards and all sorts of mournful paraphenalia strewn along the shoulder. Of course prior anecdotal evidence does not a watertight case make. Could this be a "religious ploy?" Certainly. Could I be 65 and graying? Sure. Could I be 22 and brunette? You bet. But whatever the truth is, this image did get me to slow down. Either way, that's all I wanted to wish everyone here: safe travels and undivided attention on the highway.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic