Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

curly hair is a disaster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bianca View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bianca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: curly hair is a disaster
    Posted: March 07 2002 at 3:19am
Hi my name is Bianca and I have very curly frizzy hair I hate it so much seeing all those models on TV with straight hair, beautiful face and a spectacular body is all too much for me I at least wish I had straight hair it means evrything to me I always have my hair tied up flat in a normal ponytail and I`m sick of it I always have to put gels etc in it aswell I am going to be a hairdresser soom and I feel I should have something done with my hair if I have straight hair I could leave it out and so allsorts of styles with it aswell as dye it please can you help me my hair is very coarse I also have alot of density and nothing but complete curls and frizz.
PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!
Your faithfully Bianca
Leanan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2002 at 1:55am
Bianca,
I`m having thick, irregular wavy hair myself...I know the frizz issue, especially when it is humid outside.
Have you ever heard of http://www.naturallycurly.com/ ?
I find their website quite useful, with styling tips, product recommendations and many helpful articles.
It really shows you you are not alone with curly hair and what`s better than share the pain and joy with other ladies?

Take care!
There is not only black and white, there is also grey

Leanan
sammy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2002 at 3:38am
Hi Bianca, I`m 16 and have the same probablem. Its so annoying when people at school start moaning about how awful their hair is when theres no frizz in sight and it looks perfect! My hair used to be long and was really dry at the ends, so I had had enough and had it cut into a bob, but the woman made a mess of it and I was left with a big frizzy chunk that was not long enough to tie up. Anyway, I am now completely at my wits end and am going to save up and have the thermal reconditioning treatment. Now the only problem is that the only salon I can find is in London and their now charging £100 more than the advertised price!
Gabby View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 9:35am
Personally, I don`t think people with curly hair should straighten it. It looks flat and dried out. I have this exellent frizz controled gel that I got from my hair dresser called Green with Envy. It works great on straight and very curly hair.
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 1:49pm
I straighten my curly hair and my hair does`nt look flat and dried out. So many people love my hair. I always have people ask what my secrets are for such beautiful hair. By the way my hair is past my tail bone. So not all curly hair looks flat when it is straightened.

KaleidoscopeAmy@aol.com
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2002 at 6:50pm
Bianca..... if u think that by perming ur hair straight...or relaxing as its commonly called.... will solve ur problems ur in for a big surprise..

because when uve relaxed it...unless u blowdry ur hair straight everytime its washed.....it will be a frizzy dry coarse mess....u cannot style it... u cannot leave it open.... it will be a living hell...trust me

so ur best bet is to have ur natural hair... but blowdry it straight whenever u got a special occasionl....wanna go out etc...
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic