Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gradual lightening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bearnup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bearnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gradual lightening
    Posted: April 25 2002 at 9:46am
My hair is medium/light brown, layered in the back and sides between shoulder blades with bangs in the front. I plan on growing it out to at least the middle of my back.

I am posting here because I am wondering if there are any products/treatments out there which would gradually lighten my hair? I am not talking BLOND just a lighter shade of brown. Would using lemon juice before shampooing do the trick? Just call me niave...
chamogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chamogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2002 at 10:18pm
chamomile shampoos and conditioners will work without drying your hair like lemon juice can. But adding some lemon juice to your conditioner will work. Chamomile essential oil can be bought and added to your shampoos and conditioners. Also adding chamomile tea bag(s) to a bottle of shampoo will add honey tones to your hair. Vodka added to shampoo can also highlite but be careful not to use too often because it is drying. I am a natural medium blonde with 2% silver. So any of the above works for me to keep my hair from being too dark. Hope this is helpful
chamogirl
Gabby View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 9:41am
I have tried Salon Selectives "Lighten Up", this is a foam that you comb with wet hair after every shower, to bring out the natural highlights in your hair. It graduallly lightens your hair, and it stays in for a couple of months. Best of all, it looks really natural.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic