Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sammy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help.
    Posted: May 22 2002 at 12:03pm
Does anyone know of any salons in England that do the thermal reconditioning treatment.
Thankyou,
Sammy.
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2002 at 10:58am
I was able to find only one salon in England that does the Yuko system:

Yuko System, Phi-Ten Co Ltd.
Unit2, 1, Curzon Street, London, W1Y 7FN, UK
Tel: 020-7629-7555
Fax: 020-7629-7778
Email: hideto-sasaki@phiten.co.jp

Karen Shelton did a very good article on the process on the main page of this web site. Well worth reading.

Good luck! ;)
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2002 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

Does anyone know of any salons in England that do the thermal reconditioning treatment.
Thankyou,
Sammy.

thermal reconditioning treatment? whats that???
and where in UK u lookin at mate
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2002 at 11:25pm
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1104.htm ....That`s the link to Karen`s article about the process. It essentially involves using a straightening substance and veryveryvery hot flat irons to blast away curl. Hope that helps.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
lissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2002 at 9:45am
This treatment is very expensive and works great as long as your hair is in excellent condition. If your hair is dry and damaged from overprocessing your hair will be fried after this treatment. Alot of the salons in my area (NY) are offering this thermal straightening treatment and I have seen the results on one women in my neighborhood. Her hair is very straight but looks like straw and she spent $300 and 4 hours. My hairstylist said there is too much room for error with this treatment and they will not be offering it at their salon. Be careful and do alot of research.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic