Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

not expensive product

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
swt_hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swt_hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: not expensive product
    Posted: March 24 2003 at 10:16pm
does anyone know a not expensive but very good hair shampoo and conditioner product?? i waz thinking about around $2.00-$4.00
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2003 at 4:16am
Of all of the drugstore brands, I've always liked Vidal Sassoon the best (around $3.99 shampoo or conditioner). I haven't checked the ingredients since learning about surfactants, though, and I'm sure the shampoo has it. It's fine if you have normal hair.

I had recently purchased a Colorvive shampoo and conditioner duo ($2.99 each on sale) when I joined this board, and I didn't want to just dump them. I have to admit I really love them, the smell is gorgeous and I notice that when I use them, my boyfriend keeps sticking his nose into my hair.

I left them at his house, so I won't use them often. From what I learned on this board, surfactants can become a problem if used repeatedly . Once in a while should be ok.

(edited, because I keep forgetting that the word is *surfactants*)
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2003 at 7:29am
Elissa is right about surfactants. ColorVive (the whole Vive series in general) is a decent line, although there are few differences between the various formulations (FortaVive vs. CleanVive or whatever they've got now.)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic