Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Olive or Rosemary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wanda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Olive or Rosemary
    Posted: January 10 2003 at 12:11pm
I am trying to get my hair to grow in fuller on top and I did read all of your recipes and they sound worth trying. I wanted to know if it is better to massage your scalp with olive oil or rosemary oil(for circulation)prior to shampooing and does it really work? I massaged my scalp last night with some rosemary oil but I keep hearing that olive oil works better. What do you think? Also, how long do I leave the oils on?
Wanda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2003 at 7:05pm
Actually I say neither oil. I think Basil is the very best for increasing circulation. But I guess you should try the olive and see if you like it better. Some people believe that olive oil should never be applied near the hair roots because it can "clog" the root and prevent it from breathing. Others think there is no truth to this.

Hope that helps.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2003 at 1:47pm
IMHO, Olive oil is better as a pre-wash conditioner for the scalp & hair. This is due to it's deep moisturising effect and ability to be washed off easily and leave hair soft.

For stimulating growth however, Rosemary is the oil of choice because of its tonic effect on the circulation. Do not use it neat on your scalp though as that is too strong. I suggest you mix it with a good base oil like avodaco or jojoba.

Want the best of both worlds - mix Rosemary & Olive oils together, massage your scalp and work into your hair - and leave on over-night. Wash off in the morning and you have acheived scalp stimulation and conditioning.
Uzi

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic