Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wanna shampoo hair but which product

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rasta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wanna shampoo hair but which product
    Posted: September 05 2004 at 4:53pm
Hello, I have had dreadlocks for the past 3 months and have not used shampoo for 4 months now. I would like to shampoo my hair but I know that we should use a product that does not leave a residue behind or doesnt contain conditioner. Is a simple pure bar soap like dove or ivory good enough to use? how about a clarifying shampoo will that do the same trick or is a product that is made for dreads only to be used. Thanks for you help and time on the matter. Keep the knots tight! rasta
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 12:55am
If you want a shampoo that doesn't leave residue, you'll definitely want to try a clarifying one because it--itself-- is designed to remove buildup and other gunk. Especially leftover conditioning gunk from generic plasticky conditioners. Suave makes a clarifier, I think Herbal Essence also does. There should be at least one clarifier in each brand. Good luck hunting

Hope this helps
Anais
sumbunnysfunnyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumbunnysfunnyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2004 at 8:18pm
Neutrogenia has one, and Ouidad makes a shampoo called Water Works, it smells wonderful and does not seem to strip hair of all moisture.

I am sure there are many others.
sumbunnysfunnyhair
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by sumbunnysfunnyhair sumbunnysfunnyhair wrote:

Neutrogenia has one, and Ouidad makes a shampoo called Water Works, it smells wonderful and does not seem to strip hair of all moisture.

I am sure there are many others.

true
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic