Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blow Out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blow Out
    Posted: May 27 2004 at 9:51am
Quote oming to Bravo on June 8 at 9pm is a new reality show called Blow Out, based in a hair salon - the Jonathan Salon in Beverly Hills. To promote the show, Bravo will be conducting a 'live promo' in both NY's Times Square and in LA's 3rd Street Promenade, as both of these locations on the day of June 5 (11a-6p) become giant hair salons with makeover kiosks, an opp for passerbys to get their hair trimmed, bangs trimmed, flat iron treatments and blow outs.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 1:25am
Hair salons are pretty boring places, though, as few people get any real change done. It doesn't seem it would have as much impact as total makeover shows. Were they planning to manufacture drama, then? *laughs* Could be like that commercial, "Today is pixie cut day!"
More awesome than a manatee!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2004 at 2:10pm
I've not seen this show, is there much hair cutting going on?
MightyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MightyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2004 at 10:07pm
Hal, I haven't seen much at all. Mostly it's about Jonathan (the owner) and his staff, and the trials and tribulations of owning a salon in Beverly Hills.

However, if anyone else has watched the show, it's obvious Brandon is getting axed next Tuesday night.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2004 at 12:11pm
The producers understand the winning Mark Burnett formula. Gives us interesting characters and compelling drama. With that, it doesn't matter what the situation is. Brandon is a lot of fun to watch. He's the show's "villain" and Jonathan is the show's "hero." Who's really at fault is irrelevant.

Brandon inched closer to being fired this week, and he probably deserves it. But, if he is fired the show won't be as interesting.

One of the stylists asked a long haired waitress if she ever had short hair. She said no. When he told her he wanted to cut it short, she said okay. That shows the power of a Beverly Hills salon that is on TV. This woman realized he's probably so good, she'll let him do what he wants. And the makeover was stunning.
PKAT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PKAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2004 at 1:54pm
I watched Blow Out and found myself more drawn to Jonathan than anyone else. He is so good looking, it distracted me from the other people. But that Brandon fellow, what a complete jerk. The people that were viewed on the show did scream to me stereotypical California; all fluff, no substance. But, I do like Jonathan. I will give it another chance next week. I did like the woman he just hired as his Assistant. We will take a better look see next week.
Paula Katherine Zumpano
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2004 at 10:00pm
The makeover of waitress was great. I couldn't believe how fast she agreed to going short but than again, I'm not one to crave attention like some people who would do anything to get on TV.
I couldn't work for Jonathan - too moody.
MightyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MightyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2004 at 7:24pm
I haven't met a small business owner yet that isn't moody at one point or another, especially when a particular business or store or whatever is in it's infancy.

I wonder how much of Jonathan's moodiness is an act...
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2004 at 7:54pm
I watched it last night, I loved it. Margaret Cho looked hot after her trim, bangs and blow out.

jacqui
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 5:17pm
Hi. I was looking at the show's site, and unless I'm missing something, I can't find when it's on. Could someone tell me because I want to watch it.

Thanks!
Kathy
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright
MightyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MightyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 9:25pm
Hi Kathy, I think they are done with new episodes for now, and I am sure Bravo will rerun the 6 episodes at some point, though I am not sure when that is.

Hope that helps.
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 9:24am
Originally posted by MightyH MightyH wrote:

Hi Kathy, I think they are done with new episodes for now, and I am sure Bravo will rerun the 6 episodes at some point, though I am not sure when that is.

Hope that helps.

Hi MightyH..that helps alot! Thanks!
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright
yellowhighlights View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowhighlights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2004 at 1:19pm
mighty H
cantwaitforlonghair

hiya i am a new member i am a scottish guy this web page is pretty cool i used it a few times , i used it for hair advice a few years ago that was when i had dark brown hair its blonde now , i decided to get blonde highlights as blonde was my original colour at aged 3 then it went to brown by age 8 and nows its blonde again
yellowhighlights View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowhighlights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2004 at 1:20pm
hello rod just to say hiya really i like the icon were did u get it it must be the coolest icon like
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 9:40am
Bravo has ordered up another season of its reality show Blow Out set in the Beverly Hills salon of Jonathan Antin. Season No. 2, scheduled to air next year, continues on the same path as No. 1, as Jonathan looks to expand his business to include a line of hair products.
ballet dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballet dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2004 at 4:17pm
Thanks rod, I enjoyed the frist season. They just say 2005 on the website.

Lisa
Go for it change is good. :)
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 9:15am
Did anyone see that lady's hair he cut for his show? It was so long (down to her waist). I can't believe she let him cut it so short (shoulder). I think it looked much better long.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 9:04pm
Yes the new season has started, I missed the first one, but saw tonights. :)
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
Jade30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 1:42am

Hey Diva,

What are the showtimes?

HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 11:15am
Hi, Tuesday night at 9pm on Bravo.

http://www.bravotv.com/Blow_Out/Bios/
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic