Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i have tiny curls in my hair! help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ruthi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruthi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i have tiny curls in my hair! help!
    Posted: March 09 2003 at 3:16am
i had really nice, straight, shiny, and soft hair this year without doing anything really. But one day i was walking to my friend's house and it was really windy that day. And i mean REALLY windy. When i got there i realized that i had this BIIIIG knot on the front of my hair! it was really icky and my hair got curly on the ends when i tried combing it out. Ever since then, my hair would have tiny little curls on the ends! Sometimes they would go zig zag [for real] and then sometimes the strand will somehow like become a knot! just one strand though! i tried using pantene pro-v and it holds the curls for a day and then the tiny curls come back again. When i comb through knots the curls start coming so i don't know what to do! Curling irons won't work they make it worse. And when i air dry my hair, once it begins drying up it becomes curly again and if i blowdry it.same thing!

Also, i'm not sure if this has to do with teh shampoo and conditioner im doing (pantene) but like half of the hair on my head has become thicker, darker, and rougher then the other half. The other half is like thinner and straigter like i like it!

How do i get rid of these tiny curls and the thick hair! Why did my hair morph like this?! lol
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2003 at 8:07pm
Sounds like to me you are over hair drying your hair. Your hair dryer is getting your hair too hot.

Try using the "cool" button on your dryer on your hair right after drying each section.

When it comes to the tiny curls, I would stop using Pantene. That shampoo will build-up on your hair and will eventually take your hair longer to dry, as a result you will have to use more heat from the hairdryer.

I would reccomend Redken All-Soft Shampoo and Conditioner.

Good Luck
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
snapplegum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snapplegum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2003 at 8:37pm
i tried like airdrying it but it gets puffy when it begins to dry and the curls are even worse and there are more thick strands! =( this is crazy! lol
*lub ya lots* RuThi

never give up if you still wanna try
never wipe ur tears if you still wanna cry
never settle for that answer if you still wanna kno
never say you dont like him if you cant let him go..

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic