Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Layering Asian Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LiLDtZ05 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiLDtZ05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Layering Asian Hair?
    Posted: March 23 2003 at 11:27am
hey I have mid back or alil shorter hair I'm asian and I tihnk I wanna layer my hair i have it layered int he fron but i wanna keep my length but try a new apporach got any suggestions?
Jerrhi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2003 at 1:59am
Since Asian hair can be difficult to cut sometimes...why not find a good stylist and go for a consultation and ask them to make suggestions. Many salons will provide a no-charge consultation for customers but if you want the freedom to walk out the door w/out any committment be sure to ask to pay for the consultation so you don't have to follow through with a cut you might not like ultimately.
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2003 at 5:29pm
check out Jennifer Aniston's hair in some past season of Friends when she had her hair layered just in the front. I used to have my hair layered all over, and that was kinda hard to deal with, since my asian hair is really thick. Slight thinning of the hair in the front with razors will give you some difference in the front and can be rather flattering. good luck!
razziberri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razziberri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2003 at 7:12pm
LOL! I took a picture of Jennifer Aniston with me to the stylist and I got a great cut. She also thinned out my hair a little bit so it's less thick and easier to manage
yvonne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yvonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2003 at 1:47am
i'm really picky about how my hair is cut so i've gotten my hair cut at a lot of different places from inexpensive to way overpriced...a lot of techniques hair stylists (esp those young-ish hip looking ones) are taught don't apply well to our hair. asian hair looks good layer'd, i suggest flipping thru some japanese fashion magazines for ideas. sometimes, the hair cuts they have are maybe a little but too "fashionable" but those magazines give you an idea what OUR hair could look like. it's hard to ask for jennifer aniston's hair when we don't have the same texture hair. texture, face shape, amount of hair are all really important things to consider in getting the right hair cut. the best thing is to have your hair thinned and layered at the same time...that means your hair is layed 3-D (not just in length but in volume)...it's a hard concept for a lot of people to get, but it really really works well for us.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic