Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what is your favourite brand of shampoo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is your favourite brand of shampoo
    Posted: May 09 2003 at 12:13pm
ok i need new brands of shampoo that i could buy in a drugstore or hypermarket. i'm sorry but i dont have enought courage to go to one of those fancy salons and ask for shampoo. they look at me funny when i try to walk close to one. and people might considering me gay because i buy these girly (sorry dont mean to offend anyone ;) 0 shampoo
help
ARGHH
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 2:10pm
I currently use Suave, and it's worked really well for me. I used to use Vidal Sassoon (before they changed the bottles), which was ok, but I don't know how they are now. Salon Selectives is good too, altho I didn't care much for the conditioner for normal hair.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 9:23pm
Hi claribuzz,

I have many many male clients who buy salon shampoos. Some who might be embarrased, ask me what they could use on themselves and for their wives.

You can really tell the difference in salon shampoos. Why don't you tell us about the needs of your hair and maybe we can reccomend something. Then, go to a salon that carries that brand, (check the yellow pages) and tell them what you want and say "My wife sent me to get .........."

I promise they would not give it a second thought, and probably very happy to sell it to you because its a sale credited to they seller. Most salon staff members get a small commision on the products they sell.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 4:27am
hmm good idea
i do look like someone who has children :)
well it still hard to find the courage to go to the salons where are people are looking very trendy and stuff ; ) still here where i'm from they have salons brand but brands which i never heard so i'm not sure about the ingridents and stuff.
ARGHH
FunkiGyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunkiGyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 2:43pm
just march in there! salonz r there 4 people 2 go and get a haircut or buy a conditioner or shampoo. Whatever you want.
The hairdresserz get paid it so let them do their job. and don't worry about embarassment, once uve gone in there once itll be easier the second time even though u shudnt feel like an idiot if u do go in a salon. they get money, u send it... simple huh?

try redken, any1 whuz uzd it alwayz sayz they like it, except 4 redken smooth down, people say it just weighs ur hair down...

AND haz any1 eva uzd toni and guy!?!?
*TONI & GUY - next shampoo,
conditiona n serum n intense
conditioner am gna uze! let u no
how itl go buh itl tek a while 4 me 2
save up* BUT if any1z uzd it... let me no!
SumoSamurai View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 4:52pm
There's no such thing as a girly shampoo. Shampoo is shampoo. It is a chemical. I mean, wtf man, why do you even care what they think? And there's nothing wrong with being gay. Gay people are like any normal people. Gay, lesbian, bisexual, ect, they all dont have a look. There are manly gay people, girly gay people. There are manly straight people, there are girly men that are straight. You can not tell if someone's gay by their looks, unless they admit it.

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 1:19am

Claribuzz-- Walmart here has self-checkout : ) Maybe that helps you partway. Have you tried L'Oreal for Kids? It's gentle for long term use.

my LJ, 40 inches long
mysticaldodo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticaldodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 8:06am
I'm using Avalon Organics Tea Tree shampoo. Doesn't really help with dandruff but its a good shampoo for oily hair. My scalp itches often and I tried many shampoos and treatments and nothing works. It was only till I use Scalp Benefits conditioner on my scalp the problem went away (mostly). Its quite ironic really...when the general rule is not to apply conditioner on the scalp. But then again this conditioner was made for the scalp
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 4:02am
I think my scalp definitely needs some benefits, as much as it itches :-( .  Tea Tree shampoo could be a good idea, too, as I occasionally do put straight Tea Tree Oil on my scalp when the itch gets too annoying. . . though even that only helps a little. . .  Bleh, my scalp has too many problems.  *pokes it*
More awesome than a manatee!
mysticaldodo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticaldodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 1:59am

I tried the Tea Tree treatment before. After shampoo, massage into the scalp and leave for few minutes then rinse out. (I use the tea tree oil from pharmacy, not the essential oil type). Keeps my scalp free from itchiness for a few hours but the problem came back. I tried all the dandruff/ itchy shampoos from Pyhto, Head and Shoulders, Avalon, Keratese and so on...nothing works. My prob got better after I start using Aveda scalp benefits conditioner and a new exercise regime (no improved diet though). Maybe my scalp is dry? You know like how oily skin is actually dry skin with too much oil in it.

Claribuzz, why don't you try Avalon Organics from certain pharmacies? I forgot the chain name though, but you can find it in Ikano Power Centre, 1 Utama and BMS Organic centre (in Cheow Yang) thats if you're familiar with PJ. So far their body and facial stuff works with me, the hair products not so sucessfull -you can also try our own home made I Green. I use their body wash but switch as I don't like the sticky residue. (its very natural based...I think the body wash does not even have preservative). http://www.i-green.com.my/

I'm using their Resurge toning gel which is by far the best mosturiser for oily skin I'ever used.

I wouldn't buy from salon. They are more expensive. Buy from those supply stores like Shins or those standalones. The only problem would be they are not good at making recommendations.

Good luck with your purchase.

philipinokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philipinokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2007 at 10:58am
ive tried like a million shampoos all of them basically the same also homemade shampoos, except one stood out that i still use today call AMERICAN CREW DAILY SHAMPOO!! it removes dirt and removes excesss hair oil but doesnt remove all the natual oil that protects your scalp and hair. it uses some sort of special extract to do this. ITS ALSO PH BALANCED so it doesn't dry out your hair. also i reccomend the conditioner to this product(***allso make sure when u use the conditioner u only use a teeny bit or else ur going to feel build also make sure ur hair is wet when u apply it). anyways if you use alot of the shampoo you won't see a difference only use a little bit like the size of a nickel or less. /////// also a good tip make sure the conditioner your using doesn't have any silcone in it basically any ingredient that ends in cone such as dimethocone.

Edited by philipinokid - May 02 2007 at 2:25pm
Yoshiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoshiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2007 at 12:27am
Mod's hair Paris!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic