Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Asian hairstylist or not?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asian hairstylist or not?
    Posted: May 13 2003 at 12:01pm
I guess this could equally go under the "Hair Politics" section, but since it's specfically about Asian hair, I'll put it here...

Do you prefer having an Asian hairstylist to cut your hair? Why or why not? or do you not have a preference at all?

I've recently realized that all the people who have cut my hair have been Asian. It could just be the area that I live in. But, when I went to a salon that had diverse hairstylists, I was "assigned" an Asian hairstylist. I'm not complaining, since I've liked how my hair turned out, just curious.
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 4:28pm
Only times I had an asian hairdresser is if she's doing my hair color. For styling or trims, I go to generic salon like SuperCuts and they usually don't have any asian hairdressers there.

I believe asian hairdressers are assigned to asian clients because they know what asian hair is like and how to style it, etc. rather than caucasian one. However, I've also gone to a Mexican hairdresser, she did a superb job as well because Mexican hair's somewhat similar to Asian hair.

It all comes down to personal preference. :)
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 9:52pm
One of the greatest haircutters in the world is Takashi from Paul Mitchells design team. His work is absolutely amazing. His hand move like liquid and they reveal beautiful artistry.

He works for Robert Cromeans in his salon in San Diego.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic