Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tried going back to natural black, now I look like Superman
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tried going back to natural black, now I look like Superman

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tambalina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tambalina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tried going back to natural black, now I look like Superman
    Posted: July 10 2003 at 9:24pm
What a relief it is to see that someone has finally dedicated a forum to the complexities of Asian hair. That being said, can someone give me some sound advice?

I am a Korean-Caucasian mix (half and half.) I have relatively fine hair, but it is super dense. also straight. So I guess I have lots of hair, but it lacks in thickness. Anyways . . . my son (25% Korean, 75% Caucasian) has beautiful ash blonde locks (probably leve l6-7) that I wanted incredibly much.

So being silly, I went into a beauty supply store and tried out a new product by Revlon that was supposed to be specifically made for dark tresses. "Soft Gold" was the color, but flaming orange red was what I got. I used a medium ash brown (level 6) to tone down the brassiness, and the results I got were wonderful!! I loved the color.

Fast forward a little bit . . . when my roots started to show, I decided to repeat my application. Using the advice from someone I should never have listened to , she convinced me to forego my original plan and go for a light ash brown to more closely match my son. She proceeded to use a color remover and bleach my hair. Keep in mind that she is an amateur just like me. So now I was pumpkin orange. And pretty hideous. So we colored over that with a medium ash brown to minimize brassiness. Didn't even come close to being the color I wanted.

I waited 3 months to dye my hair. (My friend and I are trying to repair our friendship. hehe. I told her that I wanted to dye her hair, funny how she won't let me. I wonder why . . .) Since my hair has been processed so many times, I decided that my original color would be safest.

Since the Caucasian side of me is part Irish, my locks are natually a deep reddish brown. I picked a box that was slated to be NATURAL dark red brown. Imagine my horror after taking off my towel to see gothic superman blue-black hair! It's been 2 weeks, and although the blue tinge has faded, my hair is still incredibly too black.

I want to fix this, maybe even try again for the hair color I loved so much. I've noticed some breakage, but not anything too drastic, or out of the ordinary for my hair. I have an oily scalp with quick regrowth. What would you do? Any suggestions would be helpful . . . thanks so much in advance :)

-tammy
yvonne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yvonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2003 at 2:04am
my suggestion would be to get some color correction and deep treatment for your hair professionally...

altho getting this done professionally will be a little more expensive, try a reputable asian salon or a expert hair salon (vidal, bumble and bumble, paul mitchell, aveda...etc). i think your hair has gone under a lot of trauma lately, so you should do some at home treatments like hair masks or hot oil treatments to replenish and repair your hair. then go in for a consultation (even if you're not going to get your hair done there...it's ok to get a consultation from a expert salon), and for "natural" looking hair, i suggest you get a deep mahogany color. it's a dark brown with an undetone of red...and that should be more natural that black
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2003 at 2:01am
Mrs you need to go to a salon right away. GO RIGHT NOW. seriously i think you are one brave woman to do a mistake 2 times in home colouring and still continue to do it. wait ..........that makes me a brave man to did 4 mistakes to my hair
you should go to a salon for treatments so you can repair back your hair. mmy female friend colured here way to many times and ended with fried hair. but she just kept going for treaments and here hair look better now. go to a salon for those tricky colours ok. at least you have someone else to blame
ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic