Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

do i need 2 bleach b4 i color?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wanna Go BLUE View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wanna Go BLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: do i need 2 bleach b4 i color?
    Posted: July 12 2003 at 10:08pm
i want 2 dye my hair an electric blue but i dont want to bleach it again over some streaks i already hav...does ne1 kno from experience if i need 2 bleach?
allie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2003 at 6:09pm
It depends on your natural haircolour; if it's really dark,then yes you need to bleach. If it's a really deep colour ,like red, then you need to bleach because the red will show through and your hair may look more purple than blue.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2003 at 12:39pm
I know this isn't an answer to your question, but why on earth would anyone with beautiful Asian hair want to dye it? God has blessed you with a gift. Don't screw with it.

And I'm a non-Asian.
allie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2003 at 8:44am
It's not like it won't grow back . . . .
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2003 at 10:54am
So what you're saying is knowingly go ahead and destroy something beautiful on the pretense that it will come back again some day. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
allie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2003 at 2:22pm
Yup, that's what I'm saying and I don't care if it doesn't make sense.
yvonne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yvonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2003 at 1:58am
yes!! you DEF have to bleach it...there really isn't any way around it if you want the blue to really look like a nice real blue.

i had to mildy bleach my hair just to have it dyed a medium brown. asians tend to have really "strong" hair and it doesn't take well to color.

claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2003 at 1:52am
yes you do nedd to bleach before color if you want blue hair. bleach parts of the hair that does not have any streaks in it. good luck.
p.s hope you use a very good conditoner

another p.s
gord i know your intentions are good, but its our hair, we can do whatever we want. and it will grow back. plus beauty is in the eye of the beholder
:)
ARGHH
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2003 at 1:35am
For any bright unnatural colors, bleach's the only way to go. Asian hair's more resistant and dense, it might take two to three times to bleach parts of hair to yellow color. From what I understood, blue and other light dyes look best on hair that's bleached to palest yellow unless the dyes are on darker side like dark blue or green. Check this messageboard thread Blue hair and it's responded by an hairdresser. Good luck and hope it turned out well!
joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2004 at 11:04pm
Dear Blue
I just orderd a product called haircolor reomver,wich I havent received yet.The manufacture claims it removes the old color.Then is rinsed out and,hair is ready for color the same day.All without having to re-bleach
I''m quit eager to use it on my wife,when I make the move from dark burgundy to french roast (medium brown) this summer.
I''ll tell more on the product,when I recieve it,and also when iuse it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic