Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how to cure asian hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pharmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pharmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to cure asian hair?
    Posted: November 05 2003 at 2:02am
i am an asian male and i have the typical asian stiff hair. whenever i try to grow out my sides it puffs out unlike caucasions hair that stick to the side. whenever i try to grow out my hair it's puffy onthe side, not like colin farrel who's hair goes downwars not sideways. do you know any cures for this? is there a hair serum i can buy from walgreens to make my hair thinner and softer? thanks
Frankie
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2003 at 9:12am
Originally posted by pharmd pharmd wrote:

i am an asian male and i have the typical asian stiff hair. whenever i try to grow out my sides it puffs out unlike caucasions hair that stick to the side. whenever i try to grow out my hair it's puffy onthe side, not like colin farrel who's hair goes downwars not sideways. do you know any cures for this? is there a hair serum i can buy from walgreens to make my hair thinner and softer? thanks
Frankie

First of all, your hair is not sick. This not a disease. Its just how your hair grows. Asian hair is different from caucasions hair. There somethings that we can do better with our hair and then there is something that their hair can do better.
Try to have it relaxed using a relaxer but you have to let it grow a bit. This does not always work. You could try it if you are adventerous enough. What hair style would you like to do anyway?
ARGHH
sexypineapples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexypineapples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2004 at 9:56pm
I don't think typical azn hair is suppose to be stiff. Mine isn't. Do you use conditioner? Whenever I run out of conditioner, my hair gets tangly in the wind so that might be your problem. I use hair products that you can get a ccb-paris.com. I've found that they are much better than stuff you can get at a drug store. Anyways, at Walgreens, you could get a hot oil treatment thing, but I suggest going to a salon if your hair is in really bad shape. I don't think there are any products that make your hair thinner, but you could go get it thinned. I'm not too familiar with serums at Walgreens, but don't use Pantene because it's bad for your hair and it tests on animals. Try Garnier Fructis or something for dry or damaged hair (because it sounds like your hair is dry or damaged)
I love you~!!!!!!!!
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2004 at 10:20am
I think he meant stiff spiky hair that most asian guys have
ARGHH
sprockett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprockett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2004 at 6:21pm
he's talking about hair that just grows out and sticks out rather than sticking to the side of the head.. i too am looking for a solution...

for example, a caucasian with 1 cm long hair which sticks to his head looks better than ME, with 1cm long hair. I just look like a porcupine fuzz ball coz everything just sticks out instead of "sticking" to my head..

any cures for this?
joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2004 at 8:45pm
I am not sure how it works,mayby a women or hairstylist,could explain it
Any way the procedere is called relaxing,on women with natural wavy or curly hair,it makes it straight like Elizibeth Taylor in the movie Cleopatra.
I dont know if it corects cowlicks,or what your talking about.I do know it is a chemical procese,and thats all I know about it.
I hope there is someone that could add more details.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2004 at 12:54am
relaxer are chemical products use to straighten hair.
It is design to break the bonds in your hair and reconnet them again. it is also called rebonding.
they use harsh alkaline chemical such as ammonium thisulphate to do this. then they neutralized in with a neutalizer made from acidic chemical.
Jeniifer Aniston, Catherine Zeta Jones almost all of the black women who have straight hair and the guys who playes Angel and the t.v series Angel relaxers the hair. Andre Icecold 3000 also has his hair relaxed.
I have friends who have these problems, of porqupine hair. What he did was he kept it long, about 4 inches and above. usually your hair cannot stand up tall when it is 4 inches long unless you use soap or gel to make stand up.
He said that he applies lots of gel when his hair is wet amd combed it. He also said just to wear a cap until you hair grows fully.
Trust me most guys in my place does this.
ARGHH
Joe Black View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2004 at 9:11pm
Yes I know what you are talking about. I knew this Asian guy for sometime now and I always thought he had a cm of hair because it was so flat to the head and it did not look like he had gel(just like he had a short cut). One day he did not fix his hair and his hair was so big, at least 2 inches, I thought he was wearing a wig.

I do not have any advice on how to fix it but I admire asian hair especially when its long.
Ikey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2004 at 9:17pm
Asian Hair is generally grows very very straight, complete opposite of african hair. This is why you get the fuzzy porcupine/spiky look.

If relaxors are used to straighten hair is there nothing out there (chemical) that you can use to make asian hair less straight?
The_Airknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2004 at 9:18pm
a) No one is "black."

There's no "cure." Your hair isn't sick. Just because it grows a certain way means nothing.

Just stop saying what type of hair belongs to a certain group, because it's just not true. Anyone, of any ethnicity, can have straight, curly, kinky, coily, or whatever kind of hair.

If you dislike that, just keep your hair cut or something..LoL..why not try growing out your hair and getting cornrows or something? Just a thought.

And no, the above was NOT sarcasm. I am a firm believer in embracing other cultures.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2004 at 10:53am
Originally posted by The_Airknight The_Airknight wrote:

a) No one is "black."

There's no "cure." Your hair isn't sick. Just because it grows a certain way means nothing.

Just stop saying what type of hair belongs to a certain group, because it's just not true. Anyone, of any ethnicity, can have straight, curly, kinky, coily, or whatever kind of hair.

If you dislike that, just keep your hair cut or something..LoL..why not try growing out your hair and getting cornrows or something? Just a thought.

And no, the above was NOT sarcasm. I am a firm believer in embracing other cultures.

It is true that MOST type of hair belong to one ethnic group. Asian straight hair is not the same with caucasian straight hair. Asian's curly hair is not the same with african hair. They differ in structure, length, colour, size, porousness, thickness.
The only chance that an asian to have caucasian hair is the person has to be mixed or pan asian.
ITs true using the work cure is not a suitable word but there are way to help. Help is a better word
ARGHH
taklan15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taklan15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 10:38am
I have that same hair, where it sticks out and becomes bristly. To solve it, I wear a hat to sleep to press it down. However, when I sweat or become active, my hair starts to stick up again. It's really frustrating.

Anyone have any experience with hair relaxers? Does it work? And if it does, what brand would you suggest?
magus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 10:12pm
Ascertains with long hair your style would seems to be classyness, having appearance more fresh with short hairstyle and middle hair style makes you seems to be be young a few years. ascertains you hair style to represent you personality,sexy and ok. You can click http://shorthairstyles1.blogspot.com
silent.pleasx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silent.pleasx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2008 at 12:15am
D:
my friend,
i dont think you know how many people would kill for asian hair!  what i think you need here,  is to have your hair thinned.  just ask your hairdresser to do it,  or if you'd like to try it yourself;
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=2sHxijvdVbY

hope i helped!  :D
Stanza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2009 at 1:34am
pharmd - i am in a similar situation. I am an asian guy and instead of my hair growing long and downwards it grows outwards and my hair at the moment looks like one huge frock. Not cool at all :(

How do I rectify this problem?? At the moment I just use some shampoo and gel to keep my hair straight

funtango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funtango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 11:12pm
I'm an Asian male and I have start losing my hair, till some 5 years ago I could grow my hair a little long and have different hairstyles but now I try and keep them short so that there is less hair fall. Any suggestion what I should do to stem the hair loss. There is minimal hair fall but in the center of the head the baldness is visible.

Warrant Search
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic