Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

haircolor (Korean)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: haircolor (Korean)
    Posted: January 22 2004 at 7:47pm
New to web site,and computer.I like to color my wifes hair.Currently useing feria by loreal with mixxed results.What is best hair color produt for Korean female,with some gray on bangs.
Also is their a chat lie on this site?
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2004 at 9:00pm
You should try Clairol Ultress for superior results, even with a bit of gray. L'oreal Feria dyes are very light or not heavily pigmented. Asian hair is thick and dense, so it takes more than one application to make it look presentable. What shade is your wife's looking for? Brown or black?
joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2004 at 11:21pm
Dear Beach Girl
I'm partial to the reds,however I'm thinking this summer of getting a little bold,a Korean company i just discovered.Has come up with a color called Grape Wine wich is a dark purple.The sales women claimes it can be applied to thick black hair of Korean women,without having to bleach,and that is any of their colors.It is made by the somang company.The web adress is www.somangcos.co.kr.
The feria hair line products does cover slight gray,simple to use,and has a wide range of colors.It also has a helpfull web site.Very good for the novice.AsI learn more I move up to what the Pro's use.I will look over the product you reccomend.1 Other question how often can you color before hair damage beigins to occur?
My next hair coloring I have squeduled April 1st.By that date I hope to figure out how to post photos of results.
Thank you for your reply
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2004 at 1:59am
Well, go with what you feel bold. Dark purple sounds pretty. There're endless choices out there. Permanent color tends to damage hair over time so it's recommend to dye every 3 months or longer with permanent colors if the color is within 3 shades of natural color, but if the color is drastically different, then root touchup is a must. Prolly between 3 to 6 weeks depending on hair growth. Don't overlap color on already dyed ends. That prevents damage. But like they said, any lighter than 3 shades will cause damage. Overlapping and overprocessing are what cause the damage.
joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2004 at 8:03pm
Last time I went to burgundy,I had to bleach from the natural black to orange,then apply color .Then the results were much better.Than when i tried to go natural Black to burgundy.
If I shade up darker this spring,with a purple or brown,will I have to use a color remover,bleach or is the hair good to go as is?
Also thank you for sharing your knowledge on this subject.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic