Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Asian Jerry Curls...?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GUEST MAN View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asian Jerry Curls...?
    Posted: May 27 2004 at 1:47am
Hi, Im Asian (Half Thai, Half Caucasion) I don't really have that long of hair (Aprox. 1 Inch Length). The question is...I have Soft poofy, shiny asian hair and I was wondering if it would be possible to sport Jerry Curls with my type of hair, and if so how?
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 10:31am
Get a perm
but u have to wait for you hair to grow longer, like 6 inched or more.
ARGHH
GUEST MAN View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2004 at 7:29pm
Are you serious your hair has to be that long to get a perm? Guess I got alot of growing for my hair to do (3.5 somewhere around there). Anyways thanks.
seasweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 3:41pm
hi, i am african. i think that's cute that you want a jerri curl! jerry curls are done by first straightening afrohair then curling it up again like curly perm. then you wear lots of greasy jerry curl juice sprays to make it look moist so the curls can define and hang. since your hair is already straight (half caucasian half asian) you can just get a curly perm using small rods. get it done professionally. it may come out puffy and big. the jerri curl look is a wet, slick, hanging kinda wavy curl so you may need to use gel or some type of wet leave in spray to get the curls to define. it depends on what the curly perm does to your hair. as for length you just need enough hair to curl on rods.
be careful... life is bitter sweet. we are living in a world of hate

http://www.napturalglory.com

thick naptural hair worn in twists, flat twists, or bantu knots. products: organic refined coconut oil and hair tea.

JESUS Rules!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic