Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair ready to braid?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GUEST MAN View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair ready to braid?
    Posted: June 07 2004 at 11:07pm
Hey, Im half Caucasion half Asian, Im wondering if my hair would be ready to braid at the normal length an African American would braid their hair (which would be 2.5 inches). And a breif description of my hair is normal asian hair, which is soft, thick shiny and jet straight.

Thanks
r View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2004 at 8:42am
u probably have to have it at least have it 5 inches b4 u can braid ur hair since u have straight hair. the reason y black dudes can braid their hair at 2.5 inch is cuz they are rolled up in to lil circles.
The_Airknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2004 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by r r wrote:

u probably have to have it at least have it 5 inches b4 u can braid ur hair since u have straight hair. the reason y black dudes can braid their hair at 2.5 inch is cuz they are rolled up in to lil circles.

No one is "black." I'm assuming you mean African-American/African-(insert nationality here). In that case, you are mistaken, as all people of direct African descent don't have hair like that.

Anyway, you'll probably need more, but someone out there may be able to do it..LoL, "out there."
seasweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by The_Airknight The_Airknight wrote:

Originally posted by r r wrote:

No one is "black." I'm assuming you mean African-American/African-(insert nationality here). In that case, you are mistaken, as all people of direct African descent don't have hair like that.

Anyway, you'll probably need more, but someone out there may be able to do it..LoL, "out there."

actually, we african americans are usually more comfortable with the term "BLACK" as opposed to "african american" or whatever. anyway, he is right about our hair being rolled up in circles! yes, our hair naturally grows in circles instead of straight long lines so it grips and attaches better to hold braided styles like cornrows and braid extensions.

our lil circles are curls/coils and our hair is generally fuzzy. hair types vary because of mixing and american history is filled with mixing. so african americans can have caucasian textured hair that's kind of curly or wavy or even straight!

you can try braiding your hair but straight asian hair is often too "slippery" to grip itself well enough to stay so it may not be worth it. good luck!
be careful... life is bitter sweet. we are living in a world of hate

http://www.napturalglory.com

thick naptural hair worn in twists, flat twists, or bantu knots. products: organic refined coconut oil and hair tea.

JESUS Rules!
TT View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2004 at 8:06pm
I live in Sacramento and many asians get their hair braided, the best length to braid hair in cornrows would be 5-6 inches but they wont stay in as long as the average african american would keep their braids in (about 2-3 weeks) so with asian hair im thinking it would stay in for about a week before the braids start getting frizzy or poping out.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 8:40pm
Everyone on this site is not from America, therefore the term African American do not apply to all.
TT View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 8:45pm
fine, nappy,kinky, coily, thick,bushy,semi curly type hair...
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 11:55pm
First of all I was not talking to u. I was speaking to the guy who had a problem with the term african american.

Secondly, there is no semi curls. Coils are curls just smaller versions of it and some of us have larger coils.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic