Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what type of finish do you use for "asian hair"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ikey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what type of finish do you use for "asian hair"
    Posted: July 05 2004 at 1:23am
Just wondering what you guys use to style your hair. There are so many out there.. waxes, gels, pomades, putty etc. I don't know which to use?

I have short, straight "asian" hair and I usually try to style it in a "bed head" style but I find what i'm using usually makes my hair too hard and stiff. Any suggestions?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 5:14pm
Many Asians get stiff results from all of those products you've listed. Asian hair is generally coarse and thick, and we can only change that temporarily. What are you "using usually"? Have you tried something from every category you've listed?

Do you have Asian friends in person, whom you can ask? Some people have a 'hair mate' with similar hair type, to pool cash and try products together. You could try a cheap brand of each product category (e.g. waxes, pomades, gels, etc.) and keep track of your results with each.
joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2004 at 6:21pm
Loreal (Nature's therepy) Mega moisture Nurturing Creme.Very popular with Oriential women.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 2:54am
Use fibre wax
They're new products for you hair, well almost new. These things give you maximum hold with out making your hair stiff.
kamikaz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamikaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 10:58am
fibrewax? what kind..like do you have a specific brand taht you use.

i have very thick coarse asian hair...i ahve to keep it short or i can't do anything with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic