Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blond Streaks: Skunk or Mondo-Rad?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hello xine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hello xine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blond Streaks: Skunk or Mondo-Rad?
    Posted: August 20 2004 at 4:00am
Hey all, this is my first post on the board. So, nice to meet you guys. :)

I'm sorry if a post like this has been made before but -- I listen to a lot of punk/emo/hardcore music and I sometimes take a look at the people who comprise the bands I listen to. Lately I've been taking a liking to rocker-style hair -- not the dramatic mohawk or anything, but more like short, choppy hair with dramatic platinum blond streaks.

I was thinking of taking a step on the wild side and getting my tips of my hair faded into some platinum blond, or maybe just doing something with blond streaks in general. I have hair that's layered, an inch above chin-length. It's got some pretty cool volume at times, good for rocking out to fast music ;), and I have the option of having bangs or just pushing the hair to the side of my face. (Actually, my photo is uploaded as my avatar/icon, so that should help a lot.) I'm not planning on changing the style, just maybe experimenting with some color.

But then I began having my own qualms about it, thinking -- man, I might come off as a really ugly skunk. I don't know really what to do, blonde is really risque and really dramatic. I figure I can always dye it back to its natural color but figuring dye jobs are not the cheapest things in the world, that'll probably cost some money a meager student like myself won't have. I've thought about other colors -- like red -- but I think blond would just be tres-cool, and I don't think I want to look into other colors.

Do any of you guys have photos to share of similar Asians who have taken the daring path to "punk rock" hair? Or any comments, ideas, suggestions?

So it's either a go for the blond or a complete throwaway of the whole idea! Thanks for your help, guys, it means a lot -- I know this post is probably kind of weird but I needed the help, so anything would be great.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2004 at 8:33pm
I hope thinking about this doesn't give you skunk nightmares, .... O.o

For the record, I think you are gorgeous just the way you are.
If you decide to go for streaks that run the length of your hair, it sounds like a really fun experiment, but what if it went wrong? You'd have to re-dye again.

I like your idea better about getting only the tips done. Preferably after growing your hair out a bit to make up for Plan B. Then, if you don't like the tips, you can get the blonde cut off. Be sure to ask advice from every professional you can get your hands on. And do your research. Good luck : )

Hugs,
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2004 at 1:11am
Hi there. The style you're interested in is very very popular with young punky people around here. You can try doing blond streaks. They're very easy to dye over if you get tired of high maintenance or bored of them. It's true that blond is kinda tricky for most asians because NOT all asians can get away with blond hair. But for those who love to experiment with some color, then go for it.

You could consider trying two tone hair if you feel a little bolder after doing streaks first. For example, the bottom part of your hair you leave it natural and then top layer of your hair would be dyed in another color such as blond, red, or even blue or purple of your choice. To see an example, see the picture below.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic