Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to NOT achieve an orange blonde

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L_reid View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L_reid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to NOT achieve an orange blonde
    Posted: January 25 2005 at 2:33pm
I want to give my hair some blonde but i don't want the orangy color that most asian girls get when they highlight their hair...you know what im talking about? i want like actual blonde yellow but i dont know what product to buy. any suggestions?
Innamorata594 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Innamorata594 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 2:53pm
first of all, please go the a pro! One that knows what their doing, also. Asian hair is one of the hardest to lighten. They are going to have to bleach it in several processes to get it as light as you can, and then put a toner over it to make it look halfway natural. The thing with asian/ latino hair is that sometimes, no matter HOW much you bleach...Its impossible to get it the color you want, as some of the color that you see leftover is not "leftover pigment", but the inside of the shaft that is irremovable. My suggestion would be not to process it more then twice or your going to fry your hair... then add a toner or new color to whatever results you get with the bleach...You could try putting Redken Shades EQ in mango over your bleach job...It would look awsome with your complexion...Its like a caramel blonde color. Keep me posted on how it turns out.
Sara
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 12:12am
you need to find an article or the person in here called beachgurl. she is asian and she is dare i say, the queen of blonde asian hair, coz she knows how to do it herself. she has platinum blonde, gold blonde, ash blonde. all the blondes in the world.
you really need skiil and knowledge to dyte hair blonde.
ARGHH
swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 8:44pm
you should really go to a hairdresser.

But I think you could do it at home, if you've done foils before.

The safest way to make sure that they wouldn't become orange would be to use a strong off the scalp bleach like basic white and 40 and 50 volume developer. Can be found at many beauty supplies like Sally.

Start off doing foils in the neck area with 40 volume and bleach, which is normally the darkest and most hard area to lighten on caucasian hair, I don't know about asian hair though.
Start taking the time from when you're doing the first foil, after about 15-20 minutes you'll have to change to the other formula with 50 volume developer and bleach so that they can catch up to the other foils, but if you just want a few highlights and aren't doing so many foils you should start off with 50 volume.
Then process for up to 90 minutes or untill the highlights are pale yellow.

It's very important that you cover the hair inside the foils totally with bleach and don't make the sections to thick because than you won't be able to cover all the hair inside the foils with bleach.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic