Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dyeing eyebrows to match hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IRIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dyeing eyebrows to match hair
    Posted: February 24 2003 at 7:04pm
I know that this is an odd question but do most people that dye their hair also dye their eyebrows to match? It seems like a lot of actresses/ singers do. Does anyone reading this dye their eyebrows?
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2003 at 9:27pm
I once had a colorist add some red to my eyebrows when I'd gone red. Another colorist told me that this was against the NYS health code.

Most authorities tell us that we should never dye brows or lashes, presumably because coloring products can be damaging to the eyes. But when my brows start greying, I will definitely touch them up with a permanent creme (not drippy lotion) color. But very carefully.
[/url]

Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2003 at 10:11am
Hi Iris,

As Elissa advised, PLEASE be very careful if you're considering a change in eyebrow color. Hair color boxes always warn against it and I too have read that salons aren't supposed to do it either (I can't verify that though.) Please just exercise caution because the risk of blindness is scary.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Scarlet A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2003 at 11:39am
You can use Jolen Creme bleach to dye eyebrows. When you mix it toghether it is a thick paste so there really is very little danger of it falling into your eyes. Leave it on for only 5-7 minutes because your eyebrows should be a shade or two darker than your hair. If you are really worred about harming your eyes, you can always just put on one of those eyebrow gels or creams in a color lighter than your eyebrows for a temporary effect.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2003 at 11:18pm
Something to think about!!!

Natural Blondes pencil in their eyebrows to a brown-darkbrown. Therefore if you are thinking of going lighter because you highlight to blonde think about what a natural blonde would do.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
blondebeauty View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2003 at 6:44pm
I'm 17, have platnum blonde hair and almost black eyebrows....my hair isn't natural and I have considered dying my eyebrows....but... I tweeze my brows and I would worry that it would be a constant up-keep and would look awfull when they started growing out...ppl would definitly know that I was not natural. Actually...if you have very dark eyes and a darker complection (like i do, I have a dark olive tone) than having light hair and dark eyebrows is quite pretty...Just my opinion...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic