Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about developers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about developers
    Posted: March 11 2003 at 11:25am
As I've mentioned before, I am switching my permanent hair color product from Framesi Framcolor to Redken Fusion, which is easier to obtain (I color at home).

Here's the question: I have several LARGE bottles of Framesi's 20 volume developer, which they call "Ossidor", it supposedly has lovely coconut oil and other conditioners therein. It was expensive.
Will it be ok to use this developer with the Redken Fusion? My colorist friend says "yes", that 20 volume developer = 20 volume developer, and that the brand does not matter. But I just want to make sure, and would like some corroboration from professionals on this board. Better to ask, I don't want a disaster!

Thanks for your time.

Elissa
[/url]

LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 9:46pm
Hi,

Yes you can use any 20 volume developer. Just make sure that it is a cream developer and not a liquid.

I am a former regional performing artist for Redken, and I am about to take the American Board of Certified Haircolorist Exam. ( Just to reassure you of my knowledge of color)

One thing to keep in mind, when using a professional color such as Redken, The product is not guarenteed,if used by a non-licensed person. It is only when used by a licensed professional, so in other words, if you have a serious chemical reaction or any other disaster the company is NOT liable.
I do not want to scare you with this, just thought you needed to know this.

Good Luck!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 4:56am
Lili,

Thanks for your reply and I understand your disclaimer.

I'm reading the Ossidorr bottle, and I am not sure if it's a cream or a liquid. It does NOT have the same consistency as those heavy white cream developers that usually come with supermarket-bought color. It is more liquidy and kind of yellowish.

BUT, Framesi is a tube cream color just like Fusion.

Here is what the bottle says:
Ossidorr 20 Volumes 6% hydrogen peroxide

Ingredients
Distilled Water, Hydrogen Peroxide, Ethoxylated Cetyl Alcohol, Phosphoric Acid, Methyl Parahydroxy Benzoate, 8 Hydroxychinoline Sulfate.

Sound safe to mix with Fusion?

Thanks again for your time and expertise. Best of luck on your exam!

Elissa
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 9:19pm
Yes, I beleive it can still be used, but if it seems alittle thinner than other cream developers, use the mixture in a bottle and not a bowl and brush.
Fushion can be used either way.

Happy coloring
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2003 at 4:38am
Thanks so much once again, Lili. I will use a bottle.

I'm going to wait another week or two to let more of the last semi-permanent color wash out so that I can see more of my roots. I'll report back on how it goes!

Thank you!!!
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic