Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Colour related fun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colour related fun
    Posted: April 14 2003 at 1:22pm
Don't want to damage my hair unneccessarily, I don';t mind it damaged a bit but as long as I get the colour, otherwise it's a waste.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2003 at 1:21pm
I think I'll wait until it's faded more. I'm not so sure. I wish someone would give me a clearer answer, but I guess everyone has different hair. Will they be able to say in the salon?
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2003 at 9:26am
Hey Vineguy.....you can't lift color with color.
and yes usually what you have on the hair does effect what you want to do....in most cases.

Let us know how it goes.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2003 at 5:30pm
I had my hair trimmed and my barber guy said that I might not be able to dye over it properly as the dye they use in Salons is different and it could come out the wrong colour. What should I do? I don't mind that much if it comes out green but I really feel disappointed as I wanted to dye my hair red and eventually bleach it blonde when it fades.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 3:08pm
Really need help I want to know itf it's okay to dye over my hair I might be getting it done soon.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 12:43pm
I'm having it done by students actualyl but they did it very well the last time (the front of it) I want it a darkish red, my hair is in an okay condition, it's very strong and thick, but I'm wondering if the layer of dye on it now will affect the next one (It's going t ob e lightened, but with dye not bleach) it's reasonably faded by now although I can only really tell from the front, the colour didn't take much the the rest of it it just made it a little lighter under certain lights.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 4:50pm
Gosh, its too hard to answer that...When we can't see or feel your hair. it depends on the condition.

And it totally depends on what you are shooting for. Are you lightening again? or going with a darker color?

Has the other color faded pretty good by now?

Go in have your Colorist look at and make a plan.
Are you having this next color done at a salon??
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 1:16pm
I'm getting it done soon and I relly need to know if it's okay. Will the colour I just dyed interfere a lot? Will the people there be able to take care of it? Should I wait? I only wash my hair every 3 or 4 days becaue it always feels nicer when I leave it for a while, it usually goes awful and yucky a little after I wash it, I think I'm using the wrong shampoos, I'm using an antifrizz shampoo gfor the frizz at the bottom of my hair, but it seems to make my hair kinda frizzy in other places too after using it.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 11:33am
Umm is it okay to get my hair dyed so soon after dying my hair with that stuff? I'm getting it done in 2 weeks. The dye has already faded a little, but will it effect the dye that's going on top of it even though it's a similiar colour? Will that colour have to be bleached out first?
I don't want my hair to be damaged unnecessarily anymore. I don't think it was damaged from that dye though as I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons it didn't work was because my hair was way too thick.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 5:20pm
So by getting it done...you mean your going to a Salon??

You know I recommend that alway's as a first option....Give us an up date when you have it done...

Cheeers, Poetman
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 2:55pm
I'm really disappointed. I'm getting it done in the same place I got the front of my hair done, it'll be a lot lighter and nicer (and less natural looking which I like) than it would have been. I hope the dye has faded enough in 2 weeks for it to lift properly.
Still really disappointed... a girl I like wanted me to have red hair too.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2003 at 12:49pm
Is the front where you had the lightened hair??
Sometimes that grabs color really easily...It sounds like that's what might have happened.

It will likely fade faster than the other hair.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2003 at 11:30am
It was a "permanent" colour (Although I expect the reddish tint and darken front to wash out in a few days by the look of it) and it was meant to lighten it quite a bit.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2003 at 11:29am
I dyed it but it didn't come out... in the least. It actually made it darker, if that's possible. THe front of my hair is not as red as it was now. I followed the instructions exactly, and it had a thing of the box saying what it would turn out like on different hair colours, and it should have come out a darkish red, it's still black. After the front coming out so well I'm really disappointed and pissed off at the eople who made this dye for failing to mention that it might not work on all hair.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2003 at 1:04pm
Oh mann.....He sounds just like a Dad.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2003 at 10:38am
I told my Dad I was dying my hair and he said "Don't be stupid don't touch your hair"
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2003 at 8:46pm
Can't wait to see Pic's.....

Keep the Faith
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2003 at 3:54pm
Yay I got some red dye and I checked the colour thingie at the back and it'll make it a fairly nice darkish red, similiar to the one I had in the front of my hair. I can't wait but I'm getting a bit nervous now, because I don't know what my Dad will say.

I'll take a picture because I probably won't have dark hair for a good while now, I just need batteries.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2003 at 1:25pm
Ah get what you mean.

So what should I do when the colour fades? Because I'm lighteneing it it'll be seperate from the roots, so I can't use it all the same. Should I just do the roots and use ordinary red dye (like those punky colour sort of ones) on it then? I don't know.
A girl I like wants me to dye it red too so...
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2003 at 7:36pm
OK, maybe it wasn't Bleached...But its been lightened, lifted, basically more assulted than your other hair...different.

anytime hair is lightened even if it is by the sun...it is still considered bleached.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic