Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cap highlight help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
portrgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portrgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cap highlight help
    Posted: January 21 2004 at 11:06pm
I'm a college student so spending $100 or more every few months on highlights for my hair. I'm planning on growing my hair another 5 inches so it's at the middle of my shoulder bones (it's already quite a few inches past my shoulders already).

In the past I highlighted my hair w/ a cap and the results usually turned out good. I just have a few questions about highlighting my hair now...

1. With longer hair can I still use a cap? I tried one of the ones I have and pulled hair thru... It didn't seem to tangle too much when I pulled it off.

2. I used to use straight bleach to highlight but I was considering using a blonde hair dye instead. (My hair is dyed back to my natural mediumish/lightish brown color. some people might call it dark blonde?) Which is better?

3. How do you retouch cap highlights?? Would I keep highlighting the same way and then put lowlights in w/ the cap when it gets too blonde? I've always wondered about that when it came to highlights...

4. I really like this girl's hair. It's kinda hard to see but here's another place. My hair is about her brown color. I really like her highlights. How would I get them?? Cap, Foils? Using bleach or color?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic