Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Feria Hi-Lift Browns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
UrbanAmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feria Hi-Lift Browns
    Posted: April 16 2004 at 6:39pm
Have anyone tried Feria Hi-Lift Browns for dark hair? They came out with this new stuff so I'm curious if it does work and not make hair orange or too brassy. I'm guessing that they use 40 volume instead of typical 20 volume with the rest of hair dyes on market. I really like the model used in the ads, she uses Downtown Brown, which I think is a light cool brown. That's the color I want.
Danijo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2004 at 4:18pm
I was curious about this too. Does anyone have any idea?
dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 6:21pm
My natural was dark brown. I used L'Oreal Feria Hi-Lift Browns Downtown brown. The color came out great, awesome dimensions. If your in the sun most of the time, the color turns alittle gold/blonde for awhile, then it goes back to the 'downtown brown' color. I think the color is great.
Don't Fear the Dark...Fear what's in it!
Sunnyblui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunnyblui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 2:53pm
Hi! Well I had a mixed reaction (my fault though)
I used the Downtown Brown in Feria and my natural color is dark brown, it didn't lighten all the way as the box shows, but more like a medium brown with lots of shine and demension. It was pretty!
my problem was i had blonde bleached highlights & it turned them silver/gray.
So i recommend to put a toner or filler or something over your hair if you have blonde highlights before trying this product. I did this last night and trying to fix it today!
Sunny
gizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 11:21am
I was unimpressed by it. First, I'm a no complication kind of gal. I don't do root touch-ups, because I have so much hair that I never do it quite right. I just do the all over method.

This box requires a reverse version of the root touch-up. You do your ends first, wait awhile, and then apply it to your roots. It makes sense in a way; your roots are virgin hair and will lighten faster.

First off, my hair was currently a dark auburn. I followed the directions to a letter and put the lightest cool brown on my hair. It only lifted a marginal amount of my haircolor. A regular haircolor box could've done that.

It could be that my hair is being stubborn and not letting go of the dark color, but I would have expected more from a box that claims "hi-lift".
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 11:31am
this stuff works best on virgin hair. to bad you market does not provide high lifts in golden brown shade. it like takes you somewhere 6 to 8 levels on shade with out bleaching. we even have blonde highlift made for black or brown hair
ARGHH
Janean View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2004 at 3:34pm
I was curious to fing out how or if Sunny fixed her silver/gray highlights. I had the same outcome when using another feria color and am trying to figure out what to do without having to shell out $200 for professional correction. Does anyone else have any suggestions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic