Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can I bleach dyed red hair? PLEASE Help me (advice much appreciated!)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can I bleach dyed red hair? PLEASE Help me (advice much appreciated!)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
~Ivy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Ivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I bleach dyed red hair? PLEASE Help me (advice much appreciated!)
    Posted: May 12 2004 at 8:24pm
Hi there!
Im am panicing! My sister is graduating soon & I MUST fix my hair! I cant afford salon! ANY help would be *soo* appreciated!
Ok,My situation:been dying hair ruby/coppery red & I want Blonde hair! But I have read all over the net SoO many methods, products & even warnings! I am so confused! My color is fading & I am scared if I bleach my hair I will go Orange & refuse to go blonde! Is there ANY afforable way to go blonde in my situation? If so what exact product would work? Plllleeease help!
Thanks so much,
~Ivy
ColorPro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2004 at 1:25pm
Hi Ivy,

Well, there are no guarantees that your hair will totally let go of the red, how long have you been dying it for? Anyway, I think your best avenue would be to get a color remover and remove what color you can from your hair. Then the ONLY way you will be able to remove any left over red is with bleach. You may have to use a high volume of peroxide if there is still a lot of color left in your hair. Also depending on how long your hair is you may have damage, if your hair is shorter then you can probably do it will a little damage but not too bad, if it's longer then your ends may get fried and you may be forced to cut them shorter. It all depends really on how long that color has been in there, how many applications are on there, and also how dark your hair is now. If it's more of a strawberry blonde you will have better luck then if it's a dark red where you need to lift 3 or 4 shades.

Hope this helped. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Debra
~Ivy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Ivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2004 at 2:18pm
Hi!
Thanks *so* much , I thought a color remover maybe appropriate, then bleach, but am worried about not getting red dye out or frying my hair. I have been using ruby red tones (herbal essenses,natural instincts,ultress,etc)about 3 years , & it is down to my mid back. (Because I have used different dyes/brands will that make it more difficult to remove? And what brand color remover would you reccomend? I also am unsure what kind of bleach to use (soo many,feria,xtremefx,wella) Again, thankyou so much for your advice ,it is much appreciated!
~Ivy
~Ivy
Kelli View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2004 at 4:22pm
I just used the Colorfix two days ago and am not very happy with the results. Then again, I also haven't had time to put new color in my hair. It was the first time I've used a remover and my hair is the color of bright shiny brass. Eek! I'm wearing a bandana to work today until I can get home and put my new color on. :) Good Luck!
Anna4247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna4247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 9:06am
My advice would be if you cant afford to have it done, dont do it.... Id be afraid of the reds bleeding into the blonde and you could end up with orange hair...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic