Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

salon color disaster pls help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bexster View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bexster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: salon color disaster pls help
    Posted: October 31 2004 at 4:05pm
I had a bad experience with a salon and highlights/color last year and was left with damage so i rested my hair and decided eventually I needed to get it sorted out and cut...so...I went ahead and booked the appointment and when I came in we discussed my colour, the colour that had been on it previously, and the colour I wanted to achieve.

Which was a warm caramel base with warm golden/honey highlights. (Comparable to say Jennifer Aniston)

My hair at that stage was a light golden brown with alot of copper tones particularly on my ends.

the colorist was confident she could achieve what I had asked for and said she would go for a subtle result as she wanted to take care of my hair. I was happy with that and told her if I needed to have a second lot of highlights then that was fine.

She agreed and acknowledged what I was asking for.

At no time did she say it wasn't possible. She mentioned toffee,caramel,golden in our conversation, I felt we were on the same wave length.

She also discussed neutralising the copper/brassy tone on my ends. I said that was fine as I trusted her as long as we got the result we'd discussed.

I was happy and realistic enough to know that colour correction is not easy and we may not get exactly the results desired first try but that we'd get close.

I said this to the colorist and she said she'd get very close and that I may feel I neded more highlights, but that was it.

She did fine highlights and put a semi permanent in between. She left me to process. I told her my hair processes fast. She checked my highlights once for me.
After I was toned and rinsed,
I was concerned as my highlights were white and my hair underneath was very dark brown.

Much darker than my natural colour (which is a warm golden dark blonde.) and much more ash toned.

I complained and she toned the highlights a golden color but they're still very white and my base color i was told would fade up warmer! it has a tiny bit but its still too dark...what should i do...i've complained again...and they've offered to have somoeone else fix it...i'm really upset and don't know what to do now!

korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 12:36pm
Hi Bexter. Sorry to see that no one has responded to your post -- probably because it sounds like a pretty complicated problem.

Try posting your question on the Going Blonde Message Board http://www.network54.com/Forum/127834

I've always gotten really good advice re: bleaching, highlighting, lightening, correcting, etc. from the folks there.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic