Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DYI Haircolor Mishap! HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L_J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L_J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DYI Haircolor Mishap! HELP!
    Posted: December 07 2004 at 7:43pm
I am usually colored a light blonde and just touch up my roots. An hour or so ago, I tried something a touch darker. I used Garnier 100% color (permemant) in Medium Irridescent Blond. I did not leave it on the full 30 minutes (approx. 15) because my hair was so light and porous. The top turned out alright but the length in the back... UGH!... is a greyish-purpley color. :(

Any ideas on what I need to do to correct this before I resort back to my trusty light blonde? The box is calling my name but I know I need to get this straight before I use the other box.
TIA!

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 6:48am
Hmmm, since your hair is so porous, maybe the purply gray color would come out somewhat easily. Try washing your hair repeatedly with dishwashing liquid and see if that doesn't get it to come out. I had white hair in the past and going darker is always complicated, but one advantage (for you) is that whatever darker colors you try to cover white blonde with always fade super fast. So, try to get it to come out before you put anything else on it.

After you wash repeatedly with dish liquid, you will have to condition very well because your hair will be very dry. Given that you have bleached white hair, I would use a mayo conditioning. Get fatty mayo (not miracle whip or any low fat kinds), put it all over your hair and let it sit on it for an hour. Then wash the mayo out with your normal shampoo, then condition as usual. This will help put more moisture back into your hair that the dish liquid will take out, (and it also may additionally help remove some of the color, but probably not as much as the dish soap)....and let us know how it goes and we can help you from there.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic