Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - black hair dye turned blue....how to 'remove' blue???
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

black hair dye turned blue....how to 'remove' blue???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
megs View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: black hair dye turned blue....how to 'remove' blue???
    Posted: January 04 2005 at 7:35pm
I recently dyed my hair black. I used revlon's colorsilk black (#10). It came out fine, except there are blue tones in it, which I don't like. I tried putting a red wash over the color, but as I expected, my hair didn't pick up any of the red.

I was thinking of pulling some of my hair through a cap, bleaching those sections and then dyeing them a bright red, just to make it fun. However, I really want the blue hints out.

Do you know of anything I should do to get them out? Should I try another shade of black? Are there any home remedies? I know coffee is supposed to help bring out brown and red, so I was thinking of pouring some on my head for the next few days, but I don't know if that will help.

Any suggestions would be fabulous!?!?
badlilgirlie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badlilgirlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 9:09pm
Try waiting a few washes. its likely the blue will fade on its own but leave the black.
Kris408 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2005 at 1:59am
like the above said u can either wait and the color will fade when who nos.. but it will the more u wash it the more it will fade...

OR you can buy something called color erase that will take it out do not put a bleach on your head it will deposit that clk into the cuticle so deep that **** will nerver leave
Kris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic