Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Color advice please....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cat_goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat_goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color advice please....
    Posted: January 13 2005 at 4:39pm
I was born blonde and I guess now (I haven't seen it for many a year) my hair is a mousy blonde.

I have been dyeing it dark (black or dark brown) and red for years. Right now, I regret that daily because it has that red base in it that I can't seem to get out and would never consider bleaching my poor hair. Right now, it's kind of a reddish brow, which I hate. I really would like to go a nice, rich chocolate brown. Does anybody have advice on how best to achieve this. My instincts tell me to use an medium ash brown to kill the red tones....

Thanks a ton for any advice...
islander4917 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander4917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 5:19pm
well i have the same prob.. i have a lot of red tones in my hair already, and by me dying it lighter (because my hair is dark brown) it comes out golden.. which i do not like..

i would try using any shade of ash brown because ash is supposed to take out the red.. just as long as you don't have any light brown or blonde colors in your hair b/c it will turn your hair green/gray!! which is the prob i have cause i have highlights..

there is also a liquid applicator that is sold at Sally's that you add into your dye that you are using.. it is supposed to avoid getting red tones, but i haven't used it so i don't know how it will work??

good luck.. i hope any of my suggestions helped!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic