Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

colorfix damaging?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 7:34am
amymusic..what products and styling do you use to get your hairlooking like that?im about to have my hair sorted out and am clueless about what to do to change it from a lifeless mop....
i can't take it no more so i'm going on a shopping spree
....H.A.R.M.A.R superstar....
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 4:35pm
ummm ok.......
I use bed head hair products
sunrise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by ames ames wrote:

i was having a bad day.....my lovely new bob has disintegrated into a complete mess after washing; uneven and shapeless.....not good...

Ames! Really?! I was following your thread on whether or not to get a haircut! I was rooting for you and looking forward to a pic of your new 'do!!!

What hair magic do the stylists have that have us walking out looking and feeling like princesses, only to feel like frogs after the first shampoo?! I cut my hair from long to short the day BEFORE my wedding. Never advised, right? I thought I was ready for a change, and felt great about the decision as I walked out of the salon. My wedding morning was a different matter altogether, as I styled, re-washed, and re-styled it, all for naught! I *hate* how I look in my wedding pictures!!!!

Back on topic...right after the salon, I went over to a beauty supply store to ask them how to cover up my latest self dye job. I use Clairol Natural Instincts. Normally I go for a medium auburn, and my grey hairs show thru in lighter tones, giving me that highlighted look. For a summer wedding, I was aiming for more golden highlights. Too light for my greys!

The girl at the shop asked me if I dye more than the roots (yes, but only as directed...roots first, then rest of hair for 5 mins), and then really read me the shame and riot act for the black ends of my hair. Black?? I thought it was my natural dark brown coming thru, not buildup!!! She yelled that it doesn't matter if it's a semi-permanent color, it doesn't really wash out, it damages and builds up on the hair. Now the only thing I could do would be to either go to a salon and have them strip out all the black and re-color. Or, the quick fix, she sold me a bottle of mahoghany pigment shampoo.

So my questions are: If I do indeed have color buildup, is there a product out there that would remove the semi-permanent color black?? Is this something I should really leave to a professional? Is it true that semi-permanent color is just as damaging and permanent color?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic