Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problems dying my hair blonde

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anthony View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems dying my hair blonde
    Posted: January 29 2005 at 11:58pm
I have red hair naturally, and I can't seem to get my hair to turn blonde. I want it to be the white-ish blonde not the yellow-ish blonde. Me and my aunt)who does hair for a living) has tried everything she could think of and nothing will turn my hair this blonde.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2005 at 11:03am
Ask your aunt to get a 40 volume developer and a high lift blond dye with a green base (the highest level you can find with green base). You may need to dye it more than once so you may need a few bottles of dye. Follow the insructions on the dye for how to mix the stuff. This will lift your hair to yellow. After it's past the yellow stage (meaning all the red is out), buy bottles of high lift (level 10) blonde dye with a violet base. Follow the directions on that dye bottle (for extra lift, they will probably tell you that you can use twice the amount of developer...just do what it says). The violet will counter the yellow and give you white hair. Again, you may need to do it more than once.

I'm assuming you keep a relatively short haircut? If this is the case, you will get a good bit of damage from going white, but you will probably trim it pretty frequently so this should be okay.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic