Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 75% grey, how to blend or cover with minimal roots?!?!?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

75% grey, how to blend or cover with minimal roots?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Halo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 75% grey, how to blend or cover with minimal roots?!?!?
    Posted: February 27 2005 at 5:19am
Help!!!!!

I have medium brown hair, with now about 75- 80% grey. I don't mind it (OK I'm slowly getting used to it, that at 30 I'm almost totally grey) Instead of keeping on using henna, which I did for about 8 years, to cover, I want to try to blend it more so the roots are minimal. At the moment, the difference is noticeable as my hair growing through is all grey!

I treated myself to a Toni & Guy haircut a while back, and they suggested lowlights when the henna has grown out (after looking utterly horrified at my colour!) But what ARE they? Would they blend the grey, would I still get horrendously noticable different root colour?

Should I give up and have weird brown and patchy grey hair? I'm at a loss. I can't even find out what lowlights look like.
irishroyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 10:48pm
Lowlights are darker colors put into lighter hair, so you can add your own natural dark color to your hair, that way you can keep the gray hair more balanced and have that, "I'm just starting to gray" look if you want. You have to wait until the Henna is out though, do NOT try and have it done before it's all out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic