Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Extensions & Cost - Is It Fair Price?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Deborah R. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deborah R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Extensions & Cost - Is It Fair Price?
    Posted: May 16 2003 at 10:30am
I recently received a consultation for hair extensions. My hair is super fine & fragile. Once I had my hair cut to above my chin, but I
still had breakage. I like my hair when it is longer and do not like it at chin length. I am a healthy happy person & I desperately want my hair to reflect this state.

My hair extension consultation experience was very positive. I was told that hair extensions would work wonderfully on my hair. The consultation room was private & very nice. The wefts they use are raw or virgin human hair from Russia & Poland that are hand made. I was told it would take about
8 hours to initially apply the wefts. These wefts are attached by a very small silver or platinum link. I was assured that this would not harm my hair & could actually help it to grow stronger. I was told the hair could last about 2 years but I would need to come in about every 8-12 weeks in order to have them readjusted. I think this company is
very honest & very professional. However, they are located an area where a lot of very rich people live. The cost to have hair extensions put in by this company would cost me $6,500.00. This was for hair of my exact color (brown), but a little richer w/ a lighter highlight of hair that was not bleached or processed. The length was to a little above my shoulder blades. I do not have a problem paying a lot for something that will last & give me a lot of joy & satisfaction. My husband encouraged me to find out more about hair extensions & the relative cost differences. I have done a lot of research & have an even greater appreciation for the products & art of attaching the hair. However, I want to know if
this price is reasonable?? If so, why?

Babyduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babyduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2003 at 11:20am
Hi!

That just seems SO expensive... I know that there are many different extensions out there, and maybe I'm not clear on what you are getting, but the wefts that I saw were virgin european hair, and they were around 150.00 per weft... These are also attached with little silver beads... I would have needed about 4-5 of them to make a longer length. I chose the hairlocs system which cost more, and still is only going to be between $900-$1200.00 for my whole head. I would shop around a bit, and find out more info on the actual product/method that they are using. I'm not in the business myself, but it seems high to me... I'm also getting mine done in Scottsdale, Az. which is a high priced expensive area.... ;)

I hope this is helpful, and not discouraging... I wish you the best!

Heather
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2003 at 4:21am
Actually, for what you described, its about right. Especially if its gonna last 2 years. This is the kind that alot of movie stars get, ya know, all the ones that you thought really had that long hair but turned out to be extensions.
Some example are....Jennifer Antison, Faith Hill, Courtney Cox, BritneySpears, and Reese Witherspoon in the movie Legally Blonde. They look very real.

If you have the money to do it I would go for it.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Babyduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babyduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2003 at 8:05am
Wow!! That's amazing Lilibeach! I had no idea they would be that expensive. Thanks for the info!

What is the main difference with this type of extensions??

Thanks,
Heather
hairextensiontalk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairextensiontalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2003 at 9:46pm
Wow that price is very expensive.

Good Luck
Brandi-

Admin Note: This post has been edited to remove advertisements. Please do not post spam or personal advertisements on the messageboards. Thanks.
Cora View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 12:25pm
I agree with Lili. You get what you pay for and if you get the best hair and the best extensions you will get longevity of the treatment.
DonnaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2003 at 4:56pm
I do hairextentions, and that price is outragious.. sorry...:(

The type I do are the single bond type, the "cinderella system".
As for the wefts lasting that long.. it isn't true. The hair (all hair) gets yucky... and new hair is needed.
I personally would look into the hairlinks, cinderella hair, or the great lenths systems. THOSE are the one the stars use... not the wefts.
THE reason? On a weft there is not the bounce and free flowing look .. it looks more like one has a hair piece on. The one's I mentioned, each strand rotates 360 degrees.. thus giving the hair the "swing" movement of real hair.

best to you
Donna
NOLA View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2003 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by LiliBeach LiliBeach wrote:

Actually, for what you described, its about right. Especially if its gonna last 2 years. This is the kind that alot of movie stars get, ya know, all the ones that you thought really had that long hair but turned out to be extensions.
Some example are....Jennifer Antison, Faith Hill, Courtney Cox, BritneySpears, and Reese Witherspoon in the movie Legally Blonde. They look very real.

If you have the money to do it I would go for it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic