Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hairlocs Extensions...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Babyduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babyduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairlocs Extensions...
    Posted: May 21 2003 at 12:24pm
I''m scheduled to get them done on Friday, and am excited! I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this type?? Is Great Lengths better, or are they basically the same thing??

Thanks so much for any response!
Heather

E and L in the clem View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E and L in the clem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2003 at 7:31am
I have been doing extensions for 10 years and I am taking a class soon for euro locs . A cliant of mine moved to Teaxs and had them done she loves them she had worn monkey barrz for 5 years from me. from what I have found out about them I belive you will be happy. Allso any one who dose these must be traind and certifyed through euro locs they can not just buy it and start doing them like many other procedures.
Daisy12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2003 at 11:14pm
How did your hairlocs work out? I was thinking of getting them myself.
Image Makers Eurolocs Hair Center View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Image Makers Eurolocs Hair Center Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2004 at 10:16pm
Eurolocs are the way to go no weave no glue no mess if you nearby visit me in Ct. 203-597-9079
Thankyou
yestheyrefake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yestheyrefake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2004 at 2:50am
Fluffy,

Hey sweetie pie! Forget Hairlocs -- look into Eurolocs. I just had 200 Hairlocs put in a few weeks ago and the hair seems cheap. The guy in Vegas said "It's Remi/Remy hair" - BS. Besides Eurolocs owns the patent, not Hairlocs. I was charged $1400. for 200 locs to be installed. It was great for a week but as I washed it it became more and more tangled. I must comb it constantly or it gets matted at the last 4 inches down.

I will show you when I see you next month. Also, the guy said 'Who is Kimarie?' when I told him he charges more than Kimarie does for installment and I am off to check his certificate soon to see if he in fact was trained by her because Kimarie oversees Vegas training for hairlocs.

I want my money back, these locs removed, then I can go get real quality hair, not this crap they pawn off as Remy. The only thing worse was that bleached out Asian hair I had bonded in for New Year's.

Are you not liking your Greatlengths? I was hoping to see them when you came to vegas so I could compare. How are those protein bonds? Did they thrash your hair? I haven't put a lick of hairspray in my and braid it every night, use the required brush, use an Aveda detangler and sleep on a satin pillow, I used a curling iron ONCE on low. It's crap. Also I am going to a lab here and viewing the hair under a microscope to view the locs to see the cuticle direction. If I see a thrashed cuticle in all different directions, you can bet your sweet fluffy butt I will be starting a class action for fraud. BTW he is still holding 50 of my locs at the salon.

I will keep you posted, feel free to call me - also I emailed you about the media interview.
nikki40274 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki40274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2004 at 10:05am
Who did your extensions?? I wear hairlocs, I have for 6 months, and that is about what I paid. I live in Vegas too. I love them, but the keratin bond seems to wear away too fast and the hair just falls out of the locs. I was wondering if you had better luck with the eurolocs, and how much you were charged for eurolocs. PLEASE PLEASE let me know!! you can email me if you would like at nturner12@aol.com...THANKS!!!
dotti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 3:40pm
hi there, i live in portland oregon and have been doing hairlocs for about three years. i have never had any of the problems i've been reading about on this site. if they are properly installed, you should not loose more than 2 or 3 a month and you should'nt need any maintenance for almost 3 months! hairlocs is the offspring of eurolocs so they are the same thing just a different patent. however, if you find the hair of questionable quality you might find a new supplier.
cait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 2:48am
my stylist is in so cal but she does travel.
I have worn then for two years now. I LOVE them.
they look and feel so natural and she teaches you how to care for them and everything. She is really well educated.
www.hairlocs.info
Smile, it makes your heart happy......
channysmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channysmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2004 at 7:15pm
I just have to say that I am a client of Kimarie, she does hairlocs. I absolutly LOVE them.She babies my hair and not only is she awesome but the hair quality is great too. I fly down to La from Seattle to get them done by her.I hope I can save someone from making some of the mistakes I did before I found hairlocs. Great lengths is ok until you have to take them out with pure alcohol(imagine that on colortreated hair)
Nelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2004 at 2:02pm
I too used Kimarie for my Hairlocs- she comes to NYC every 6 weeks. I have had no problems with my hair and the hair quality is fantastic. I get compliments everyday and everyone's main question is how do I get my hair to look so healthy.

Yes, the process is expensive but the quality of hair is great and she's a sweetywho answers any of my questions even til this day.

I've had mine in for 2 months and the hair looks just as good as the first day. I am actually having more applied next month by Kimarie.

You guys may want to check her website and research a it :)
www.imagebykimarie.com
LISA LAMBERT View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LISA LAMBERT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2004 at 4:54pm
HEY NELLY,
I forgot to ask what kind of hair you have? When I went for my consultation the other night Paige asked me if I wanted Italian hair or Russian. I guess one is straighter than the other. Do you know the difference between Hairloc's and Euroloc's?
Nelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2004 at 9:37pm
Russian hair is by far the best!!!! Go for Russian Silky Straight.

Hairlocs and Eurolocs are basically rhe same method I just think the hair quality is the difference. Not everyone gets their hair from the same vendor. If your stylist is good at what she does and has a good track record 9 times out of 10 she's buying gerat quality hair!

But I have Russian and will never get otherwise.
Smile it makes you look beautiful!
taylorfoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taylorfoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 1:36am
I got Hair Locs three weeks ago and they have been a knotted frizzy mess since I washed them.  I went back to the hairdresser and had them cut short and they are still matting. What happens is I wash/condition them and carefully pick out every knot, blowdry then curl the hair to smooth out the frizz. It looks ok for about 30 minutes and starts to puff up, frizz and knot up again. I am going insane. I cant believe this is even happening with the hair cut short. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem is with the hair? I am wondering if some of the hair is upside down or it is just over processed. I don't know what is going on. 
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 3:59pm
Sounds like bad hair to me. I would have whoever installed it remove and refund.
I have had issues with hair locs in the past and i just refuse to use them for the plain simple fact its not worth the risk of installing into someones hair then a week later it look like a rats nest. I was also trained on the install but im being honest find something better.
I personally stick to 808 or 909 now. I havent had any problems with them for a couple years ive been using them. Except getting platinum blonde can be tricky as they are back ordered sometimes.
Good luck but I really think you have bad hair at this point.
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
taylorfoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taylorfoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 7:19pm
Thank you.  Do you think it sounds like it is over processed or upside down.  It is bugging me wondering what the problem is not that it really matters the hair is just awful. What is 808 or 909?  Where can you get this hair? 
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2012 at 12:38am
It is probably not cuticle aligned hair. Could also be when hair is processed it is done with dyes similar to how they dye fabric so its a really long process but its not the same as how we bleach or color our hair. When the process is done some companies do this different but they put on a really potent silicone to keep the hair shiny, soft and manageable. After a few washes the silicone coating comes off and bammmm dry frizzy tangled rats nest. Really there is no solution its bad hair. They do that also when they know it is not cuticle aligned. Very frustrating i know. So 808 and 909 is a brand its pricy but worth it to me as well most of my clients. The hair seems to last a really long time even with all the heat styling. A couple links to some places I have ordered from as well as Dr. Locks has really good hair they sell bohyme and I love that hair to a little cheaper sometimes depending on what your looking for.

http://visionhairextensions.com/bodywaveu-tip.aspx
http://www.sunnyshair.com/product.php?productid=35&cat=263
http://www.doctoredlocks.com/catalog/home.php

You can brows through some of those and see if you like any of that hair. It sucks because you can get bad batches of hair i know a lot of stylist who swear by a brand and end up getting one bad batch totally confuses people but I have personally just heard a lot of bad things as well not had great results from hair locs myself.
Remember to use sulfate free shampoo and as little shampoo as possible and condition but also use  good leave in conditioner.
Good luck and let us know any more questions as well your journey =)

Edited by SiNfuL GirL - September 12 2012 at 12:40am
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic