Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Opinions on cost?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ladypainter View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladypainter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opinions on cost?
    Posted: January 12 2004 at 6:23am
I asked a new stylist to layer my hair a little more, and she ended up chopping it to bits. I was so upset. I have found a very nice lady who is going to apply a weave for me today. I don't have time to plan it more, because I can't imagine going back to work looking like this!

I found a supply store near here where I can purchase the weave myself, and as soon as I get it (they open at 10 this morning), it's back to the nice lady who is going to put them in. She said she thinks she won't need to glue them (which I am very happy about).

I only want to fill it back in to my shoulder lenghth and put the body back in so that no one will know. How much do you think this will cost me? I'm buying only about 10' to 12" length (real hair) & not sure how many tracks it will take, but it couldn't possibly be too much, just to fill it back in???

Any other advice? THANK YOU SO MUCH!
LP
Ladypainter View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladypainter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2004 at 3:57pm
Well, I'm back, and I must say that it sure is a long sit in the chair!

I'm not sure how I feel at this time. The weave that I purchased was as close to my color & texture as possible, but it was a couple of shades darker, and not quite as curly. I color my hair every 4-6 weeks and the last time was about 4 weeks ago, so I re-colored & it's still a little lighter, but a close match.

It's a little long and thin, I think. People at work are definately going to notice a big change...not sure how I'm going to handle that.

I think I need another row higher, but after I got home and styled it, it looks much nicer than it did. It's a couple of inches too long, too, but I think if I cut it any, that it will kinda "hang" further off my head at the bottom in the back.

I don't feel I am any worse off. It only cost me $20 for the hair (real European), and the poor girl was only going to charge me $40 for her time after 2 1/2 hours. I paid her $75 with the promise that if I needed a trim or an extra row, she would take care of it.

Care instructions, opinions, or advice is still MUCH welcomed.

LP

Overall, I'm happy that I'm going to work tomorrow with HAIR! I'll just take the comments as they come.
rrobey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2004 at 7:29am
I'm so glad the weave worked out well for you. Keep us posted on how they are doing after some time.

Becky
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic