Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Balmain Hair Extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
geongeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geongeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Balmain Hair Extensions
    Posted: June 14 2004 at 3:03pm
Has anyone tried the Balmain hair extensions from Redsalonsource.com? I have and love them. They don''''''''t damage the hair and they will stay in for 3-6 months.
Macimage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macimage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2004 at 9:04pm
I was going to try them based on one of your posts. However, as I kept reading the board, I noticed that you posted about them to every thread, even if the poster had asked about something else!

Are you affiliated with them??
LahDiva777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LahDiva777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2004 at 1:12pm
Hey, I was thinking the same thing about geongoen. All of those postings have me a little skeptical about balmain hair extensions. I would like to see a website with actual pictures of the work besides redsalonsource.com. Can you supply that information? Are you a stylist who wants more clients? How long have you been providing this service?
geongeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geongeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2004 at 9:23am
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I deal in Balmain hair extensions and I've never seen a product so hot. I had the chance to go to Europe where the company is and was educated in their system. So much fun! I love having hair extensions especially the Balmain type. Go to redsalonsource.com for more information. Also feel free to email me.
Vicki View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2004 at 4:21am
Hi, I have just finished a 2 day training course on Balmain extensions by their fab educator Jason. I'm a level 3 hairdressing tutor and we are providing extensions as an option to our students at level 3 this year so wanted to get the 'latest technology' on the subject, so we can pass it on to them! The course was excellent and i'm really impressed with the system. The pre bonded hair was excellent and i'm even sporting a set myself, and so far no probs, or 'fallout!'. The only reason i stumbled onto this site is because i was trying to look them up on the web so i can order my own personal kit!
Evelyn View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2004 at 10:03pm
Where can I get these done in NYC? I desperately want extensions, but I'm afraid of the damage done to my hair. Balmain sounds good, but I need to know where to actually get them done. THANKS!!
Vicki View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2004 at 4:50am
Sorry, no idea where you can get them done in NYC as I am in England!!!
geongeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geongeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2004 at 4:41pm
Redsalonsource.com has a list of all Balmain certified hair extension artist in NYC and surrounding areas.
Jennifer Gables View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Gables Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 3:33pm
This whole section is such a scam!! The same person is signing in and replying to herself to make it seem that it is several other people responding in order to market herself! People get off if your trying to use this as a marketing tool!!! I am so sick of stylists comming on here to market their hair extensions!!!!!!!!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 5:00pm
I have tried Balmain extensions and I don't like them. It's an ok system as far as fusion goes, but it's not my preference.

I have applied them to 3 clients so far, and the hair sheds a lot!

The bonds are really big and chunky, so I found that I had to trim the keratin down on each one before I put them on the client.

My 3 clients who are wearing them have had the hair in for about 4 weeks now, and on each of them, the hair is already looking dull and dried out.

I will not offer them to other clients.

I'll probably stick to offering Shrink Links, which is a system similar to the Shrinkies extensions. Even though the sticky residue is time consuming to get out of the hair, I find it does not damage the hair. I still have several clients in Eurolocs, but I do find they lose more of their natural hair then they should be.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 5:28pm
Ugghh... I thought we killed this thread ages ago. Jenn (I'm Jenn, too), you're exactly right. See this for more: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP934431446&id=1786

And thanks, Metalgirl, for the info. I have heard very little about this system and what I've heard hasn't been good.

So you're offering Shrinkies--that's great! Hardly any stylists are yet--but I think more will be using them soon. I'm sure you find them more economical than Eurolocs too, no?
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2005 at 12:44pm
I have been offering the other method of 'shrinkies', the Mark Barrington Concpets Inc, Shrink Links to my clients. The systems are mostly the same with a few minor details.

I like that method because the hair you get from Concepts Inc comes pre-tipped with hard plastic that doesn' t melt under the heat of the flat iron so I can reused the hair many times over without pretipping it myself each and every time.

I have tried the dr. locks shrinkies, and the tubing they are made of is thicker than the shrink links tube and a little shorter than the shrink link tube. They seem to work good, but I think you have to heat them for a few seconds more.

Seriously, the shrink tube method is the only method where I have seen clients are able to grow their hair out and not have damage.

Unfortunately I have many people still in Eurolocs (that I recommended to them before I saw all the damage after 2 or 3 wearings) and now I'm wondering how I can switch them over . (they already invested money in the Euroloc hair) I have been having serious anxiety over this because I really want only the best for my clients, and when I see excess hair shedding from Eurolocs, it really makes me upset.

By the way, I reported my findings to my Euroloc distributor, and surprisingly he admitted that some people are having some problems! I wish I was told that before I spent $1500 on the class!

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2005 at 7:30pm
That sucks, although I'm not suprised at all about the Eurolocs damage. I had the same thing happen as a client with Hairlocs. And it's true: It's not only the clients who are getting screwed. Many stylists invest a ton of time and money into these methods and then end up with some seriously pissed-off clients as a result.

These companies should really test their products more thoroughly, or be more honest about the downsides; it's just not fair to anyone involved. Unfortunately, there's no regulatory agency when it comes to extensions. There should be more standards, imo, kind of like the approach the FDA takes (not that they've been getting good press lately, either). Methods should be tested extensively, and hair should be inspected, too, so hair sellers can't get away with false advertising.

That said, can't you use the Eurolocs hair with the Shrink bonds until it's time for the clients to buy more hair, at which time, you can get them away from Eurolocs completely?

Again, I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. Obviously, you really care about your clients and their hair, so I'm sure it'll work out in the end, but it sucks that you've had to go through this (and invest so much in that system).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic