Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New fiber Synth-my experiment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New fiber Synth-my experiment
    Posted: January 06 2005 at 7:52am
Ok I decided to experiment with the new fiber synth I found, and here is what I did. I dont know how to post pictures in the thread so below are the links to the pics. There is also a pic of the tips Im making using this new fiber synth. I appologize for the pics, I dont have a digital just a cheapo web cam.

1. I cut 2 small weft pieces off and washed them using warm water, regular shampoo and conditioner, they came out great with no tangling. I then dried them in a towel and pinned them to my wig head. I lightly sprayed them with a detangler/leave in conditioner.

2. I used my hot brush and dried the hair. All my styling products have a Hi/Low setting, and I started out on low then went up to high and the hair did great. It dried fast and was so silky.

3. Then I plugged in my trusty curling iron, again, started out on low then went up to high. The package says the hair can take up to 350 degrees and I have no idea what temp my curling iron does, but the hair did great and you can see from the picture the little curl at the end. Im thinking if I want major curl I might have to use velvet covered hot rollers.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/emma_skye/detail?.dir=/5501&.dnm=aca8.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/emma_skye/detail?.dir=/5501&.dnm=2154.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/emma_skye/detail?.dir=/5501&.dnm=72de.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/emma_skye/detail?.dir=/5501&.dnm=cc09.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/emma_skye/detail?.dir=/5501&.dnm=6a9d.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/emma_skye/detail?.dir=/5501&.dnm=b80a.jpg&.src=ph

Em
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 8:35am
Oh, Ive heard great things about that stuff, how do you plan on applying them? I see their tipped so Im assuming shrinkies, fusion or microlinks?
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 8:41am
haha, Im sorry - 2 more questions.

1. where did you find the hair (been having a devil of a time myself)

2. does it come longer then 18"?
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 8:41am
Ive already done micro links with human hair, Im going to try shrinkies with these this time.

Em
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 8:43am
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 2:43pm
Emma, you are the bestest for doing this

(along with everyone else!!!!)
i love plastikhaar
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 4:54pm
Ok its finally done. Put the new fiber synth extensions in with micro links. Here are the before and after pics.

Before:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/emma_skye/detail?.dir=5501&.dnm=b248.jpg&.src=ph

After:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/emma_skye/detail?.dir=5501&.dnm=b2c2.jpg&.src=ph

The after is with them washed and blow dried. Tomorrow I think I may put a little curl in the ends. They need to be a little thicker, I need to go with a yaki type texture I think.

Em

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 5:04pm
Looks great, Emma! How do you like the look and feel of them so far (compared to human hair)? :)
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 5:31pm
How do you attach the back all by yourself? you used shrinkies right? I think I'd go crazy... looks really nice!
It is what it is...
maliburum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maliburum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 5:44pm
Your hair looks great! Please keep us posted on how you like the new synth hair. I would like to know if it tangles at all during your wear.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 5:52pm
Bridget, you get used to 3 way mirrors after a few times! At first its awkward but when you get the hang of it after a while!

Oh Em says she used microrings.
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 6:01pm
Yep I used micro rings and I didnt do it by myself. My hubby always helps me with my hair. Not bad for a truck driver..eh? LOL

Em
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 6:08pm
oh yeah Em I forgot....you have the "luxury" of having someone help you! LOL Just kidding! Not bad at all for a truckdriver! Mine is a very impatient man anyway, and it definitely takes patience!
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 7:38pm
my hubby would just laugh if i asked him to help me! "you want me to do what?!"
It is what it is...
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 9:59pm
I just ordered some freetress synthetic. They had 18 inch and my #613 color! I think its the same stuff. It can (supposedly) be curled with curling irons and so on.... Im eager to try the stuff for as cheap as it is. If it turns out crap Im only out a few bucks.
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/yhst-2519492840586/frfun.html
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 10:25pm
Excellent, Sherrie. I can't wait to hear how it works out!
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 10:45pm
i think it looks great. can't wait to see it
i love plastikhaar
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 3:15am
Sherrie definetely let me know when you get it. Im looking for a synth with a bit more texture so Im interested if Freetress is as silky as the one I have or more of a yaki texture. So far I like this hair. I slept on it and in the morning there was no where near the tangles that I used to have with human hair extensions. Like I said before this brand that I have is sooooooo super silky its hard to integrate it into my own hair.

Em
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 8:26am
good luck sherri! are you putting them in with shrinkies?
It is what it is...
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 4:57pm
Day one and the hair did great. Didnt loose any extensions (yet..lol) and I only needed to comb it about 3 times I think. And I noticed when I combed it there was no shedding and no tangling or matting. Im loving this fiber!! Also the silicon coating is comming off so its blending a bit better now.

Em
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic