Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cold fusion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cold fusion
    Posted: January 07 2005 at 4:42am
Huh. I've had some strange dreams wherein all my extensions just fall right out of my head....
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 3:40am
Oh my god its funny you should say that because I'm sure I had a running dream last night every time I woke up I remember that I'd been dreaming about flipping tipping my hair yikes this is bad!!!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 9:52pm
you could be right....Im really not sure. But I know ive seen these methods refered to in this way before, who knows I may have been hallucinating too!

Do you ever go to bed at night and DREAM ABOUT this sh**t! I DO. Geez thats BAD!

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 9:19pm
Hey Sherrie,

My understanding was that microrings, extendtubes, hairlocs, eurolocs, etc. were sometimes referred to as "cold methods" (in that they use no heat), but that Cold Fusion was something else entirely.

I actually think it's a branded method that's owned by Great Lengths. They had an article on SalonWeb about it: http://static.highbeam.com/s/salonnews/march012001/thelongandshortofitgreatlengthcoldfusionextensions/ not that it's all that informative.

That said, I don't have a clue as to how it's done--sonic laser??? whatever that means--and I think it's very expensive (like more expensive than GLs). I looked into this method when I was first researching extensions. It was brand new on the market at the time, and I couldn't find much information about it. I thought it would be damaging, though, and for some reason, I was under the impression that instead of using heat to attach, it sort of froze to attach, but dtill used the keratin glue. It sounds a bit out there though, so may have hallucinated some of this....

:)
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 8:33pm
LOL...my understanding...and I may be wrong, anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, cold fusion is basically any strand method of application that doesnt use hot glue. So I believe that microrings, extendtubes, hairlocs, eurolocs ect...fall into this category. Not sure about the shrinkies if they fall into the cold fusion category or not?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 6:38pm
What exactly is cold fusion? I've never been able to figure that out.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 2:07pm
If you cant do the shrinkies, and you want to stay with a strand method of cold fusion Id try microrings or extentubes. Extentubes seem to be the way to go, alot of people like them better than the microrings. Check out www.hairpiece.com for the extentubes. I do think with some playing around with the shrinkies or a different iron with a temp. control you could master the shrinkies. And overall I think the shrinkies are a smaller less detectable bond.
Joginny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joginny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 1:16pm
I am currently wearing strand by strand extensions from so-cal, they were put in at a salon and after experiencing alot of shedding I decided to keep up with the maintenance myself. I have tried shrinkies without success. Does anyone know if there is a cold fusion site offering products and if so can you please give me the link. Ive done a search and came up with nothing.

Any knowledge of this technique would be appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic