Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heat Clamps/Fusion Wands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heat Clamps/Fusion Wands
    Posted: January 10 2005 at 8:07pm
Thats a perfect example of why you have to be careful on Ebay. Most people take that stuff as gospel not realizing that its just someone trying to make a buck and they will say anything to get it. Smart people like you ask questions.

Em
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 8:01pm
Check this out. I was looking at a fusion wand on ebay. It had basically no info about the wand so I asked them a few questions:

"Can you tell me if this fusion wand is dual side heat? And is it temperature controlled. If its temp. controlled what is the maximum heat. Thank You!"

And this was their response:

NO it is heated on one side. No there is no temp control. These two features are not needed with the system. Unlike a flat iron, a fusion wand needs to be a certain temp and only one sided.

Seems that some people that sell the tools doesnt know a whole heck of alot about them!

Trust me I responded back with a little info that I thought a seller should know! Obviously they dont know that for a fusion wand to be versatile it needs a temp. control to allow for adjusting heat for different methods of appplication. And that in order for it to work effectively with certain methods (like shrinkies) it needs to have dual side heat!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 4:31am
Yeah, the Dome method looks quite complex to me. There are several girls on Quinn's who do that to their own heads (although I have no clue how they manage).

juliejetson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 10:02pm
Sher,

Ohhhhh, your killing me!!

I have a feeling you guys will never let me live that down around here.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 9:55pm
yeah, and it doesnt smell like bad butt either.....LOL

Sorry I couldnt resist! I wont forget that one for along time

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 9:50pm
Look at you hijacking your own thread.

I used to do the Dome method, but stopped when I went to hairpolice. I have nothing against Dome/Prostyles. Would still do it if someone really wanted me to, but the Dome takes 2 people to do the box-braid, and it is not easy finding someone to help.

I looooove synth hair, the good stuff, that is.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 9:33pm
LOL...here I go, already changing my own topic!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 9:33pm
That's good that you're able to use it again. So did you used to do the heat-sealing Dome method? How did you like it, and how did you like the synth hair?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 7:50pm
The Dome C2 clamp worked for me if not set too hot. If you want to spend a million dollars. Mine was just sitting around so at least now I got a use for it.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 6:46pm
It seems like there's a bit of confusion regarding which heat clamps work with Shrinkies and which ones do not. As far as I know, it seems like double- tipped fusion irons with temperature controls would be the best, like this: http://www.drlocks.net/Heat%20Clamp.jpg

But obviously, that's a lot to pay. So what has worked and hasn't worked for everyone with their Shrink experiments? I put in a few with a flatiron and it worked, but I don't think it would be best for the whole head--if for no other reason, it's just too unweildy.

Anyway, I thought it might be helpful to start a new thread on this, since it's coming up a lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic